By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Argh...

Barnesy_10

Not happy..

We have a buyer for our house... offer accepted etc... the wife and I found a house we loved. The owners already had somewhere to move to so no chain! Happy days! Offer put in, accepted! Yipee!

Had the surveyor go out to it last week... had mortgage authorised..

Then got a call this morning to say the couple who own the place have decided not to sell due to work reasons.... Paid out over £1500 in solicitors and surveyors fees.... only for them to suddenly drop out.... I wouldn't mind so much but each time we went to see it she made a comment about time wasters in the past and being messed about so were being very fussy about who was allowed to view the property (had to have no chain)...

so back to square one :(

Not happy..

We have a buyer for our house... offer accepted etc... the wife and I found a house we loved. The owners already had somewhere to move to so no chain! Happy days! Offer put in, accepted! Yipee!

Had the surveyor go out to it last week... had mortgage authorised..

Then got a call this morning to say the couple who own the place have decided not to sell due to work reasons.... Paid out over £1500 in solicitors and surveyors fees.... only for them to suddenly drop out.... I wouldn't mind so much but each time we went to see it she made a comment about time wasters in the past and being messed about so were being very fussy about who was allowed to view the property (had to have no chain)...

so back to square one :(

Is there no compensation you can claim? It seems unfair that when you've had an offer accepted, the other party can pull out at will with no loss.

We are ringing up Halifax who we got the survey through to see if there is any way we can claim the money back..

Apparently in Scotland you are legally binded to the sale as soon as you accept the offer!

Just a tad gutted at the minute... what with last night and now this... a Barca win might help.. ;)

Barnesy - same thing happened to me just over 2 years ago.. was moving to a bigger house, had also agreed a sale of ours, began paying out (as i remember just over a grand) etc etc.. next thing, we get a call saying that her husband had lost his job and so they weren't going to move now.. with my missus being pregnant at the time and with plans for the 'new' house underway we were gutted..

anyway, with the pregnancy etc, we had to decide whether we'd go ahead and try and find somewhere else similar or stick where we were.. easy decision considering the wife's condition at the time so we decided not to move at all - personally, looking back, im glad we did stay where we are now.. i'm sure that's not the case for you mind!! hope you find something even better soon.. :thumbs: