By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The West Wing ...

Case

... What was I thinking of?

Just finished season 1 - and first episode of season 2. Great, great writing - wonderful acting...

Sheer brilliance....

Without giving the game away, any opinions on what the best aeason of this program was?

.... and are there any other great TV series I may have missed??

Tarp.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter...

I wasn't into this when it first came out, but recently started watching it on Wednesday nights on ITV and it's brilliant...perfect way to round off a CL win. Michael C. Hall is brilliant as Dexter, love the little wry facial expressions he uses (in a completely hetro way of course).

... What was I thinking of?

Just finished season 1 - and first episode of season 2. Great, great writing - wonderful acting...

Sheer brilliance....

Without giving the game away, any opinions on what the best aeason of this program was?

I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite season of The West Wing. Seasons 1-4 are probably the greatest television I've ever seen.

One of the best scripts ever written for a TV series. I used to have it on while working, and the script alone told you what was going on - you didn't need the pictures to follow it. Great, great viewing, and got better with each new series. Studio 60 (same writer and some of same cast) is almost as good.

Yep, the best advice is to buy boxsets of series 1 to 4 and pretend the rest don't exist. Once you've watched them all just watch the episode 'Two Cathedrals' (series 2) on a continuous loop for the rest of your life and you'll die a contented man.

I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite season of The West Wing. Seasons 1-4 are probably the greatest television I've ever seen.

Completely agree. 'Two Cathedrals', in particular, is perhaps the best episode.

S5 was poor but i liked 6 and 7. It wasn't Sorkin but it was still better than a lot of what's out there

Favourite episode is Bartlet for America. Superb all the way through and John Spencer's performance is outstanding. When he speaks about addiction i've never seen it summed up so well

Currently up to Season Two Episode three - Josh is recovering after the shooting...

Wonderful dialogue between Leo and this Blonde Republican Valley Girl type who ripped Sam to shreds on a Morning TV Debate ....

Just great, great writing ....

BUT .... I'm already getting depressed about getting to the end of Season 7 - what do I watch next that comes close?

The second series of House MD was class, but the third was crap, and the latest series, with it's 'Eviction' plot is just nonsense.

Spooks (from Beeb 1) Series One was pretty good, so I'll possibly go there next.

Dexter, I'm watching at home - it's good, but it's not all that I don't think - and Deadwood was Dead depressing.

Currently up to Season Two Episode three - Josh is recovering after the shooting...

Wonderful dialogue between Leo and this Blonde Republican Valley Girl type who ripped Sam to shreds on a Morning TV Debate ....

Just great, great writing ....

BUT .... I'm already getting depressed about getting to the end of Season 7 - what do I watch next that comes close?

The second series of House MD was class, but the third was crap, and the latest series, with it's 'Eviction' plot is just nonsense.

Spooks (from Beeb 1) Series One was pretty good, so I'll possibly go there next.

Dexter, I'm watching at home - it's good, but it's not all that I don't think - and Deadwood was Dead depressing.

So far the new series of house have been good, despite them shoehorning in his old team.

use fecking spoilers people!!

How long after something is broadcast should people reasonably be expected to do so? The first couple of series were 8-9 years ago. Would you expect people to use spoilers if they were talking about a film that came out in 2000?

How long after something is broadcast should people reasonably be expected to do so? The first couple of series were 8-9 years ago. Would you expect people to use spoilers if they were talking about a film that came out in 2000?

perhaps we should do it for all references to plot-lines of films/shows etc?

it's a bit of a pisser to be half way thro a series and then to accidentally read something that will ruin it for you, don't you think?