By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

thabo mbeki

Mike

Africa needs to stop forgiving leaders the most abhorent practices simply because they are black.

Oh f*ck off you pr*ck

From wikipedia (and apparently unsourced), but:

His penchant for quoting diverse and sometimes obscure sources, both from the Internet and from a wide variety of books, makes his column an interesting parallel to political blogs although the ANC does not describe it in these terms. His views on AIDS (see below) were supported by Internet searching which led him to so-called "AIDS dissident" websites; in this case, Mbeki's use of the Internet was roundly criticised and even ridiculed by opponents.

:unsure:

Odd figure, you tend to think the problem with a lot of African leaders is they excelled originally as freedom fighters, but Mbeki is considered academic and elitist. It seems he's keen on attributing everything to racism. For example, he said of AIDS:

Convinced that we are but natural-born, promiscuous carriers of germs, unique in the world, they proclaim that our continent is doomed to an inevitable mortal end because of our unconquerable devotion to the sin of lust.

Africa needs to stop forgiving leaders the most abhorent practices simply because they are black.

Oh f*ck off you pr*ck

I'm refering to the support Mbeki has given Mugabe through his reign and the rise in SA of Zuma. I know what i'm saying prehaps everyone else doesn't. :hmm:

Edited by Spion kop

I'm refering to the support Mbeki has given Mugabe through his reign and the rise in SA of Zuma.

its because he is in collusion with him, and mbeki is a sham - its not because mugabe is black.

he's not supporting tsvangirai is he.

its because he is in collusion with him, and mbeki is a sham - its not because mugabe is black.

he's not supporting tsvangirai is he.

It might well be that it is because Mugabe is black. Tsvangirai is heavily funded by white zimbabweans and has a good international reputation- I believe he is actually distrusted by some in the area, it's not all a creation of 'The Herald' and its slightly psychotic diatribes.

As posted above, Mbeki believes AIDS is a white/black (or european/african) thing, so it's hardly unlikely that he sees Mugabe in the same light.

did Blair back Bush because they were both white?

Africa is scarred by white rule, many africans are less critical of their leaders simply because they aren't white, the people of africa need to demand better for themselves than the corrupt the inept and the down right dirty.

Well... Thabo M did spend a lot of his time in the UK and studied Economics (got a masters) at Sussex University. Don't know if that influenced anything but it does explain his love for the classics.

As far as the Zim situation, Trevor Ncube (the Zimbabwean owner of the Mail & Guardian newspaper) yesterday released a statement suPporting Mbeki's quiet diplomacy. His stance is that in that way, Mbeki still gets to talk to Bob. As you might have seen, Mugabe drops anyone who's vaguely critical. The flaw here is that Mugabe then takes whatever TM says and wipes his a*** on it. But thats a separate issue.

Africa is scarred by white rule, many africans are less critical of their leaders simply because they aren't white, the people of africa need to demand better for themselves than the corrupt the inept and the down right dirty.

That is exactly right.

Fair play, I thought you were a racist nutter when I read your first post but that is about an accurate description of why Africa is in the state it's in as I've seen. Kaunda, lorded, in Zambia, ruled for over 30 years (One party, one nation - how convenient) corrupt as f*** BUT tolerated. Of course when he doubled the price of the staple food overnight riots ensued but he kept getting away with it. Siphoned off millions and millions of dollars during his tenure.

Fair play, I thought you were a racist nutter when I read your first post but that is about an accurate description of why Africa is in the state it's in as I've seen. Kaunda, lorded, in Zambia, ruled for over 30 years (One party, one nation - how convenient) corrupt as f*** BUT tolerated. Of course when he doubled the price of the staple food overnight riots ensued but he kept getting away with it. Siphoned off millions and millions of dollars during his tenure.

Yep in Zim it seems to be ZANU-PF's lone card left. "MDC are in cahoots with the whities and will give land back to them if they take over" kind of thing.

Yep in Zim it seems to be ZANU-PF's lone card left. "MDC are in cahoots with the whities and will give land back to them if they take over" kind of thing.

Despite Tsvangirai saying nothing of the sort would happen. Problem is, in the rural areas of Zim the only radio that is broadcast is Mugabe's government regulated radio.

The people are kept uneducated, uninformed and unhappy - their only respite being that Comrade Saviour Robert Mugabe is working to alleviate their pain.