By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

christ, i was lucky today.

NWR

took my missus to watford shopping on my bike. On the way home i was overtaking a car ( no oncoming traffic and within the national speed limit) the kid i was overtaking decided that when i was alongside him he was going to overtake the car in front. knocked me off the road. Broken wrist in 2 places, I have to have plastic surgery in london on my foot tomorrow as i have no flesh and its down to bone. The missus has a broken collar bone,

We were lucky. The clothing did its job

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda Hornet 900. Well it was when it left me.

just a machine mate, they can be replaced...

take it easy and hope recovery is as painless as possible. :cooler:

Got an R1 myself.... so many things in recent weeks have convinced me to get rid of it... but I just can't part with it... but the more I hear of people I know having accidents the more it makes me look at my Son and see things differently.

a mate got hit in Liverpool 6 months back... hit and run on Mather avenue... the bloke drove off, left my mate in the middle of the road... hes only just come out of hospital.. shattered legs, been rebuilt... just started physio and learning to walk all over again..

the hit and run driver gave himself in to the police the following day.

Excuse the spelling. I'm (his other Manc loving half) typing with one hand,

We were in a motorbike accident yesterday pm. Some ar*ehole in a car decided he wanted to overtake the car in front, while we were overtaking him at 60mph. He hit us full side on, we hit the kerb on the other side of the road and our rolling bodies somehow came to a stop some 70 feet later on a grass verge, me in a bed of nettles lol lol

How we are still here to tell the tale God only knows. He broke his wrist in 2 places and has a huge hole in his foot which need plastic surgery. i have a broken collar bone and cuts and bruises.

The moral to this is make sure you are ALWAYS wearing full protective gear. Our helmets saved our lives. i was wearing his brand new biker protective trousers which undoubtedly saved me from further injury looking at the state of them now.

unfortunately neither of us was wearing biker boots which is why he has a bad foot injury (we found his sock shredded after ) and I have a badly bruised foot. Both our shoes/trainers came off during the accident.

Nwr broke his wrist trying to catch me as I flew over him, how he thought he was going to catch me.........

he doesn't know i am writing this, but i am sure he will have a good laugh at the torrent of abuse coming his way. he is more pissed off that he can't play in the golf match today than anything else !

Guest Linton

Football is one thing, life is another (even though Shankly may have a say) so glad that you are alright and hope you'll recover fine from this. Take care.

Excuse the spelling. I'm (his other Manc loving half) typing with one hand,

We were in a motorbike accident yesterday pm. Some ar*ehole in a car decided he wanted to overtake the car in front, while we were overtaking him at 60mph. He hit us full side on, we hit the kerb on the other side of the road and our rolling bodies somehow came to a stop some 70 feet later on a grass verge, me in a bed of nettles lol lol

How we are still here to tell the tale God only knows. He broke his wrist in 2 places and has a huge hole in his foot which need plastic surgery. i have a broken collar bone and cuts and bruises.

The moral to this is make sure you are ALWAYS wearing full protective gear. Our helmets saved our lives. i was wearing his brand new biker protective trousers which undoubtedly saved me from further injury looking at the state of them now.

unfortunately neither of us was wearing biker boots which is why he has a bad foot injury (we found his sock shredded after ) and I have a badly bruised foot. Both our shoes/trainers came off during the accident.

Nwr broke his wrist trying to catch me as I flew over him, how he thought he was going to catch me.........

he doesn't know i am writing this, but i am sure he will have a good laugh at the torrent of abuse coming his way. he is more pissed off that he can't play in the golf match today than anything else !

Glad you are both alive mate - and hope you make a full recovery.

I came off my bike (Only a teeny 125DRSE) four times and because I had the full biker body suit/helmet/gloves/proper boots - I never got badly injured - I always wince when I see some lad shoot past me at 120 on a bike wearing normal cloths, jeans and trainers.

Anyway mate - best of luck in making a full and complete recovery

YNWA ;)

Edited by Andy @ Allerton