By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Firefox

Benitez

has gone really chite.

Keeps freezing, not even when it's doing anything. I could be a page thats been open for a few mins, and it'll just decide to do the 'not responding' thing. Plus it isn't as speedy as it was a couple versions ago.

Back to IE for me :hmm:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely seems to be getting slower and slower.

I also find that this site often crashes it: http://dict.leo.org/?lang=en

On the other hand, this morning we had problems in IE displaying some Slovakian and Croatian text (only in text boxes, it worked ok in static text) whereas Firefox worked fine on the exact same web pages.

I use a combination of the two, TBH. Firefox has some brilliant debugging tools, while IE seems to give a better response when doing a lot of clicking, links, buttons, etc. I also use the IE tab within firefox - nice idea.

Firefox still fine for me. I've also installed Mozilla's email thingy 'Firebird' because I had issues with Microsoft Office and Outlook Express. I got rid of Office in favour of open office and it works a treat.

Problem i'm having with Firebird is how to set it up to get the messages from my server...so far it gets refused.

Firefox still fine for me. I've also installed Mozilla's email thingy 'Firebird' because I had issues with Microsoft Office and Outlook Express. I got rid of Office in favour of open office and it works a treat.

Problem i'm having with Firebird is how to set it up to get the messages from my server...so far it gets refused.

Thunderbird.

I'm using latest (beta) version and haven't encountered any bugs yet. In fact, seems more stable than version 2 if anything?

think i tried the beta but the skin i was using wasnt supported so i binned it.

think i tried the beta but the skin i was using wasnt supported so i binned it.

Ah well, to be fair, the beta is unlikely to officially support old skins as the toolbar is a bit different now (i.e. it's not down to being buggy!!)

Try Safari for Windows.

:P

Safari is the shyttest browser ever, bar none. There are things about Mac's I like but I even know mac users who dump that pile of crap for Firefox at the first opportunity.