By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things to do in Madrid?

Euphrates

I'm going on Sunday and coming back Wednesday, staying with an old flatmate (Norwegian fellow, first he sliced my hand open, then a week later he moved in).

Anyway, what are the suggested things to see and do? I might try and catch the Madrid derby sunday, but my mate doesn't care for football.

Good tapas bar / bar crawl around Placa Santa Ana which is just south of Sol.

Plenty of side streets all running off the square with loads of bars.

I've even had a kick about on the square when Liverpool played in Real Madrid's centenary tournament.

If you like art, then you must try and get to one of the museums not far from there. Three major ones in total between Sol and Atocha Train Station.

There was a bar on C/ Victoria i think called Zapatero which i spent about 3 hrs in with a good mate, and we stayed due to the fact we were getting free tapas in the afternoon with each drink we had. Nowt like eating for free.

I'm going on Sunday and coming back Wednesday, staying with an old flatmate (Norwegian fellow, first he sliced my hand open, then a week later he moved in).

Anyway, what are the suggested things to see and do? I might try and catch the Madrid derby sunday, but my mate doesn't care for football.

You're probably over there long enough to become Madrid manager for a bit.

You're probably over there long enough to become Madrid manager for a bit.

:D

Loads to do. Irish bar just off Plaza de mayor is great.

There's really cheap bus tours which you pay one off fee for (cheap) but there are 3 routes. You can get to see everything if you do all three. Somethig like £20 for the three over 3 days. Takes you right out to the Bernabeu one does. Other than that there's the museum, art gallery, the Royal palace (the armoury is worrth seeing if nothing else). Loads of bars, restaurants etc, plus Retiro Park.

I took me mam a couple of years ago for 4 days. Had a great time!