By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New CDs

cymrococh

What's that like?

I've got all the Herbaliser's own albums but would be interested to hear a DJ set from them (I'm assuming this is a DJ set...)

S'ace.

I subscribe to the fabriclive thing - get them delivered to me every two months for £7 - get the pick of the back cat too for the same price.

New cd's for me today:

Alan Braxe - Upper Cuts

Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain

Quantic - Remixes and B Sides

Van Morrisson - Moondance

Tom Middleton - Cosmosonica (Amazing covers album - highly recommeded)

You want rare stuff, or just new/non-commercial stuff?

We have a superb outlet here called Bootleg (appropriately enough I suppose). A lot of the cds are made in Japan, which is interesting in itself: mass market only from China. They have yards of shelf space for some bands/acts. The largest display I have ever seen anywhere in the world is for the Greatful Dead.

Only problem is the price. These cds don't sell in large numbers so the costs run a bit higher - though probably still comparable to the UK given that general price here is low anyway.

Tis a funny experience browsing there - all sorts of giggos come out of the woodwork.

They have 'pile of steaming s***' section too, it starts with G.

Paul: Out of work?

Still thinking of travelling? Don't wait until you're too old to make the most of it.

We have a superb outlet here called Bootleg (appropriately enough I suppose). A lot of the cds are made in Japan, which is interesting in itself: mass market only from China. They have yards of shelf space for some bands/acts. The largest display I have ever seen anywhere in the world is for the Greatful Dead.

The Grateful Dead should probably have been my entry in the Most Over-rated bands ever thread, but they are so sh*t and forgettable it's no surprise I forgot about the dope-ridden tw*ts.

I was out of work for 1 day, skills like mine don't come easy.

Edited by Paul Caruso

Good news on the work front then.

As for the Dead: can't abide them, but I know that they never played the same set twice and a fair few Deadheads made it their duty in life to record every concert/gig - with the express support of the band... These tapes have made it into plastic: effing thousands of them: they merely have different dates on the cases.