By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So what do you do when you have a neighbour

Romario

noise levels when they are really not that loud. Especially on a Friday or and Saturday

when you have friends over and you are having a few beers. I'm playing music off a PC

on Itunes over two crappy small PC speakers which are not very loud.

Do I tell her to sling her hook or what? Thing is I thought I was doing the responsable thing

and keeping things at a level that was respectable.

Personally I feel like going up to her and telling her where to go. I'd be willing to call the police an do a sound check

to see if we are over limits. I know we are not.

noise levels when they are really not that loud. Especially on a Friday or and Saturday

when you have friends over and you are having a few beers. I'm playing music off a PC

on Itunes over two crappy small PC speakers which are not very loud.

Do I tell her to sling her hook or what? Thing is I thought I was doing the responsable thing

and keeping things at a level that was respectable.

Personally I feel like going up to her and telling her where to go. I'd be willing to call the police an do a sound check

to see if we are over limits. I know we are not.

Youre lucky she has asked you first rather than calling the police or council to complain first, or even her asking some heavily built friends/sons/acquiatances to TELL YOU to do it which has been known to happen!

Proceed with caution!

Edited by pauliescouse

Youre lucky she has asked you first rather than calling the police or council to complain first, or even her asking some heavily built friends/sons/acquiatances to TELL YOU to do it which has been known to happen!

Proceed with caution!

I've lived in a flat before where I was the one complaining about the noise levels. But that was when it was 7 nights a week until 7 am where one of them was mixing his music with what can only be described as heroic sized speakers.

I feel she's in the wrong here and I need to sort this out.Basically after midnight even on the weekend I can't have anyone in our sitting room chatting. That can't be right. I think the reason she hasn't called the council is because they'd laugh at the noise levels she's complaining about.

I have been in the position where a neighbour (a few years ago) used to play her crap at full volume fairly often - sometimes very late and sometimes very early.

After several attempts to get her to stop - asking politely - even though she was a hard faced cow - we got nowhere

My mum had been ill at the time - and this didn't help

My mum went to her friends house to stay - just so she could sleep, so on the Friday afternoon, I got my stereo - put the speakers against her wall - and my sisters stereo against a different wall - and the downstairs stereo on the downstairs wall - put them on different radio stations - full blast and sodded off till Sunday.

When I returned I turned them all off - and we never had a peep out of her again.

Hurrah!