By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Off skiing on Sunday

Vlad JNR

spend all the time you need on the baby-learning slopes as it's the only way you'll get comfortable with the skis and conditions etc..

learn how to get up after falling yourself as it takes ages for someone you know to come and rescue you ;)

spend all the time you need on the baby-learning slopes as it's the only way you'll get comfortable with the skis and conditions etc..

learn how to get up after falling yourself as it takes ages for someone you know to come and rescue you ;)

problem with them is the queues always take the absolute piss and theres always little French children shouting "PAPA" in them.

ive been going skiing for about 7 years straight now and myself after the first week, and my friend who came for the first time two years ago was doing difficult red runs.

Off-piste skiing can be fun, yeah, but it also can be very dangerous, although i am competent enough, i find just the odd bit of it is quite enough especially after having an incident with the side of a cliff and a very, very well placed man to stop me six years ago!

My advice for first timers in France is...well... the bar and restaurant prices up there are scandalous, but theres nothing you can do, so you just have to eat the bloody "frites" that were 6 euros and have that tiny lager that was 6 euros. Also, the bloody cable cars can be a pain if you get there too late. Try to get there 8ish (i think?) on your first day to get ski passes as the queue will be immensely long and annoying.

Oh yeah, and if you knock down one of those little french children that follow the ski instructors like baby ducks... you've had it, the instructors don't tend to like that very much.

Ski school was very good for me originally but only do the half day option, then you get the other half day to do what you want to do and explore more of the area.

Where are you going this year?

I'm going to Meribel for the first time on the 17th of Feb, every other time ive been to Megeve/St. Gervais area.

boarders spend more time sitting on their a*** than actually enjoying themself. end of.

I don't because I rule.

the only fun is when you can do a triple backflip halfpipe...can you do that? can you? no? neither can i, and thats why it was s****. skiing is much more fun.

I invented the Boohog backward 180 invert. Thats more fun than you've had in your entire life. Including skiing in your gold lame jumpsuit.

I'm going tonight.

Snowboarding though, skiing is for tory, daily-mail reading types.

So you're a bit of a cross-over then? A Daily Mail reading, tory boarder?

I'm off to Maribel (sp?) in Feb

problem with them is the queues always take the absolute piss and theres always little French children shouting "PAPA" in them.

ive been going skiing for about 7 years straight now and myself after the first week, and my friend who came for the first time two years ago was doing difficult red runs.

Off-piste skiing can be fun, yeah, but it also can be very dangerous, although i am competent enough, i find just the odd bit of it is quite enough especially after having an incident with the side of a cliff and a very, very well placed man to stop me six years ago!

My advice for first timers in France is...well... the bar and restaurant prices up there are scandalous, but theres nothing you can do, so you just have to eat the bloody "frites" that were 6 euros and have that tiny lager that was 6 euros. Also, the bloody cable cars can be a pain if you get there too late. Try to get there 8ish (i think?) on your first day to get ski passes as the queue will be immensely long and annoying.

Oh yeah, and if you knock down one of those little french children that follow the ski instructors like baby ducks... you've had it, the instructors don't tend to like that very much.

Ski school was very good for me originally but only do the half day option, then you get the other half day to do what you want to do and explore more of the area.

Where are you going this year?

I'm going to Meribel for the first time on the 17th of Feb, every other time ive been to Megeve/St. Gervais area.

18th for me, so I'll be the one knocking you off the mountail this time. We've got a place with a slave, who makes all the meals & all the booze is chucked in, in the overall price. Result!