Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Cockles

Trent Alexander-Arnold

All this talk of him as a midfielder, I don’t see it with us.

Not enough of a threat to play wide in a forward position for us. Has everything to be a great fullback. Really want to see him become the permanent fixture there because there are two great opportunities in this team to be up alongside a narrow front three.

Yea the way I see it with him, he has all the qualities (at a lower level of course) that would have made Gerrard a legendary full back. But I don't think he has the qualities that made Gerrard a legendary midfield/split striker/winger.

He reminds me a lot of Aurelio

Nah he's nothing like him.

Nah he's nothing like him.

I do take the point that Aurelio was white and Brazilian and therefore a poor comparison, but in terms of what they do with the ball I see a lot of similarities.

I do take the point that Aurelio was white and Brazilian and therefore a poor comparison, but in terms of what they do with the ball I see a lot of similarities.

Robertson is a lot quicker.

Anyway, Aurelio and Arbeloa - two of the most overrated players of the past 10-15 years

Not sure Arbeloa is over-rated, not talked about in the same way Aurelio is. He did alright after leaving us as well.

Famously nicknamed the cone in Spain

Robertson is a lot quicker.

Anyway, Aurelio and Arbeloa - two of the most overrated players of the past 10-15 years

Both very different. Aurelio was a class footballer though. I never could understand how people couldn’t see how immaculate his passing was.

That shot he had that the keeper saved near-post - the commentator thought was a mis-hit cross - was class. Wasn't on target but the eye - and the balls - for that were top

Yeah, A cheeky smile afterwards confirmed to me that he meant it

Aurelio was a lovely footballer, but a light breeze could leave him injured and that was the big issue.

Talent wise probably as good as any LB I can remember playing for us. Although the competition isn’t great.

Robertson looks very promising, fingers crossed.

Edited by Leo No.8

Last couple of seasons but prior to that he was consistent. Played well at fullback and left mid for long periods

Some horrendous performances towards the end of his time here.

consistently inadequate and infuriating. couldn't even tw*t his peno home in istanbul. you had one job.

That penalty sums up the stupid b*****d. Smicer told the soft prick that Dida couldn't dive to his left, so he wouldn't dive to his left, so if he put it to his left he would score. 

So of course, he put it to his right because he knows better. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

That penalty sums up the stupid b*****d. Smicer told the soft prick that Dida couldn't dive to his right, so he wouldn't dive to his right, so if he put it to his left he would score. 

So of course, he put it to his right because he knows better.

That doesn’t make sense.