By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fantasy Football 2014/15 - the auction one

RP

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Harry Kane, just not sure if he'll get any games. Similarly Joel Campbell at Arsenal.

I reckon Charlie Austin will prove a pretty astute signing (by Sutty, I think) in that category.

Pochettino will play Kane, I reckon. He played the young lad, Gallagher at Saints and Kane is better. Campbell will get games too, but not at Arsenal. Somewhere like Hull as a loan to replace Long, maybe. I took a gamble on Valencia (not that one) at West Ham as my 'wildcard' forward. No CLUE how he'll do.

To confirm, any players (such as Billy Dane) with loads of cash left over .... Is there a 'transfer window' in early Sep/late August where squads can have a final change? - i.e. can I sell one of my idiots at half price and try and outbid Billy for an (as yet unknown) biG NaME?

Whatever people want really in terms of frequency of transfer windows.

We should definitely have one immediately after the real transfer window closes (i.e. in the first couple of days in Sep). I'm happy to have them as frequently or otherwise as you want.

Click on the League Series button on the FF site and see what you reckon to that.

I'd suggest that would work as one of the 'cup competitions' that we talked about - with maybe £10 of the prize fund (which will eventually total £80) up for grabs. It runs the whole season and we'll do some shorter-term stuff in the meantime, but seeing as the hard work has already been taken out of this one (in that the site does all the calculations), it certainly works for me! :thumbs:

I like Harry Kane, just not sure if he'll get any games. Similarly Joel Campbell at Arsenal.

I reckon Charlie Austin will prove a pretty astute signing (by Sutty, I think) in that category.

You look at his game and his scoring record and, if given a chance, he's potentially anything

Think about the couple of seasons that Shearer had prior to his move to Blackburn - fair chance it might not happen today. People will claim that good players always come through but it was a different landscape back then

Click on the League Series button on the FF site and see what you reckon to that.

I'd suggest that would work as one of the 'cup competitions' that we talked about - with maybe £10 of the prize fund (which will eventually total £80) up for grabs. It runs the whole season and we'll do some shorter-term stuff in the meantime, but seeing as the hard work has already been taken out of this one (in that the site does all the calculations), it certainly works for me! thumb.gif

i think looking at that site, if you click on custom cup, the chairman can set up a cup comp. But it looks a boss game it would have been ice to maybe have had another few players, but it looks a lot more fun than the other one

You look at his game and his scoring record and, if given a chance, he's potentially anything

Think about the couple of seasons that Shearer had prior to his move to Blackburn - fair chance it might not happen today. People will claim that good players always come through but it was a different landscape back then

Is that Kane, Campbell or Austin?

i think looking at that site, if you click on custom cup, the chairman can set up a cup comp. But it looks a boss game it would have been ice to maybe have had another few players, but it looks a lot more fun than the other one

Yeah - looks like you can only do one of those though.

But that's fine - we'll have the League Series (£10 prize), a custom cup (£10 prize) and maybe two 'manual' cup comps, £10 each. That leaves £40 for the league winner.

Better to break it up like that - make Sutty work harder for his fuciing prize money.

I've just done it for you, Wayne - so at least all your players are selected in your starting line-ups for the games in which they're playing ... so you'll get the appropriate points.

All sorted through to next weekend's fixtures.

im baffled as to how supersubs work, and im going out on the lash so havent time to try and work it out

Unless you're going out for a week, you'll be grand.

Supersubs basically lets you pick your teams in advance for upcoming games. Click on the link (should be below your team fornation screen) - then it goes to the supersubs page. There's another link in the top right which I think off the top of my head says - 'Show all fixtures' - by default it only shows the next fixture. Click on that and the rest should be self explanatory. There's probably a confirm link - not sure. All this from memory, so might be a bit sketchy.

Why I'm helping you when I need to beat you to pay for food I have no idea.