By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fantasy Football 2014/15 - the auction one

RP

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit Case, I've missed out on 3 players to you! once via tie with both bids of 0, and 2 other for the smaller matter of 0.5m combined bid totals.

It's easy to avoid this kind of thing - just bid a bit more than you originally thought each time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 fecking million.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bloody hate this s***.

Don't worry, David Nugent is still available.

in hindsight, considering the players in question, bidding less may prove to be the better option over the course of the season :)/>/>

J Ward

J Stones

S Long

Fell for it, didn't I?

Right - I'm going in - I'm looking at 'Free Agents'

Pray for me.

Jesus Christ. You don't want to see the Free Agents when you still need half a dozen midfielders.

Pass the Jameson's?

nah, you've done all right picking those 3 up for 0.5 in total to be honest.

Long'll score two hat-tricks against us on Sunday, now - you just watch. THEN who'll be laughing?

Errrr..........

Jesus Christ. You don't want to see the Free Agents when you still need half a dozen midfielders.

Pass the Jameson's?

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

You got 1 from 4 in Round 1 and 2 from 3 in round 2, you're not short in the midfield department - others though - HAHA!

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

You got 1 from 4 in Round 1 and 2 from 3 in round 2, you're not short in the midfield department - others though - HAHA!

I love my midfielders, me. Just gone in heavy for three more in Round Three. You're sound on good midfielders. I'm stockpiling them.

Deadline is now Midday (as everyone has submitted their third round bids already).

When I close that round and process the bids, I'll set the next deadline for 6pm today. Hopefully that'll see everyone with full squads ... if not, I'll agree with those who are still short of players what deadlines work for them.

And as an important reminder ... make sure you have your players on the pitch, i.e. best use the 'Supersubs' functionality before the first league game kicks off tomorrow. Someone* will forget ... if not this weekend, then soon! :D

* My money is on Case

And finally for now, I will send out Paypal details to all Managers (I'm guessing using Paypal will work for this - anyone any other bright ideas, please let me know).

I suggest everyone sends £10 - which I will put into a 'prize fund'.

Suggest £5 of that goes to the League winner at the end of the season - winner takes all, £40.

The other £5, I propose to use for two knock-out competitions (£2.50 for each). I'll look into some dates but suggest the first one starts some time in September ... depending on how much people enjoy playing, we can have another one soon after that, or leave it a while, whatever the majority want to do. Winner of each cup competition would win £20.

There's no compulsion to contribute more money, of course, but it would be a lot better if everyone does opt in. If you'd rather just leave it as it is and not part with any more hard-earned, that's fine - of course, only those contributing their £10 will be eligible to win prize money. If you don't pay (before the start of each competition) then you can still play, you just won't get any prize money if you win. Prizes will go to the best performing Manager who has paid his dues! Hopefully though everyone opts in - would make it much easier!!

Paypal 'invoices' have now been sent out to all managers.

Done. And like the idea of a Milk Cup and FA Cup knockout tourney. Can we get a couple of grizzled ex-forumites to make the draw with you in the role of Frank Bough? elm0 and fyds would make a classic pairing.

Bids processed - Sutty and Wayne, you're both one player short of a full squad (I've suspected that for some time).

When I see that you've both submitted your bids for your last player, I'll bring the auction end forward so that everyone has their squad and can set supersubs up.

Everyone else ... all done.

I like Harry Kane, just not sure if he'll get any games. Similarly Joel Campbell at Arsenal.

I reckon Charlie Austin will prove a pretty astute signing (by Sutty, I think) in that category.