By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

new mobile

Dmitch

So managed to loose my brand new HTC m8 after just over a month into my 2 year contract... No insurance on it so going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Im thinking the motto g 4g for about £140 anything else you can recommend.

Taking out insurance when my contact comes up for renewal as I'm p#+&ed right off. Never broke lost or had a phone stolen before :(

So managed to loose my brand new HTC m8 after just over a month into my 2 year contract... No insurance on it so going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Im thinking the motto g 4g for about £140 anything else you can recommend.

Taking out insurance when my contact comes up for renewal as I'm p#+&ed right off. Never broke lost or had a phone stolen before :(/>/>

Have you got home insurance? I smashed my iphone to pieces and just got it replaced by them.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

Stupidly lost it on public transport. Called the home insurance and it's not covered. Ended up getting a Sony m2 as felt a little better built.

Adding personal possessions away from home onto house insurance now. So gutted as that HTC was the best phone ever.

<br />So tempted with the HTC as I am due an upgrade and dunno if I can be arsed waiting for the iPhone 6....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've just upgraded to the HTC One M8 from an iPhone and I'm impressed with it so far. The only thing I've noticed is that you are best browsing in chrome rather than the 'internet' app. Chrome seems to display things more accurately.

Had my iphone (along with €900) stolen on a flight from Heathrow to Singapore earlier in the year. The insurance company refused to pay up because my bag was not in my possession. I'd left it in the overhead locker (4 feet away from me) while I slept.

Replaced it with a Xiaomi Redmi which is an excellent phone. I don't think they are on sale in Europe yet but for around €120 without a contract they are well worth the money.

So tempted with the HTC as I am due an upgrade and dunno if I can be arsed waiting for the iPhone 6....

My sister has just got the new HTC. Stunning camera and screen on it but I found certain functions on it clunky (such as sending texts) which weren't as good as the iPhone 5 nevermind the impending iPhone 6

Went from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5s and then to a Google Nexus 5.

Much prefer the Android. The iPhone is a great phone, but for anyone comfortable with techy stuff I think Androids are better.

Easiest way to describe it to me is that a great Android phone is the equivalent of a jailbroken iPhone.

I need a new phone because my iPhone belongs to work and I'm leaving this week.

I briefly had an Android last year and it was very good.

But my other devices are Apple (iPad, Macbook) so I'm tempted to get a new iPhone.

But then it's probably a bad time to get one as the iPhone 6 will be out in a few weeks.

God, I'm almost as bad at this as I am at buying a car.

Can you lend a phone for a few weeks till the 6 comes out?

I did the not getting tied into a vendor thing so swerved apple stuff other than the mac till I got a 5 from work, but s*** just works without any effort and there are going to be features of OSX11 and IOS 8 that you may really want to use.

Oh and congrats assuming they are in order

Yeah I like the idea that with the new releases you'll be able to start and continue documents and emails across different devices, music syncing is much easier appointments and notes the same. I feel like I'm rewarding apple for being a f***ing pain but otherwise I'd be cutting off my nose so my next tablet is an ipad.

What are people's opinions on the camera on the htc m8?

In reviews it's mentioned as it's weakest bit...

It all that bad?

Yeah that's what I've been reading too. Makes me lean towards the S5.

Apparently the camera on the earlier HTC ONEs was great but less so now.

Camera on my S4 is generally very good and reviews for S5 say it's improved.

Yeah thanks, I have got a new job to go to, but it's a startup and they're not giving out phones and stuff.

I might try to live without a smartphone till the 6 comes out. I have a basic phone I can use till then.

Get the 5, insure it, when the 6 comes out hit it with a hammer and go for an upgrade & new contract :thumbs: