By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Tennis

Tosh

• 1 month later...

He's been injured, or recovering pretty much ever since with a pretty serious back injury

Fair enough, I don't really follow it that much but whatever the reason his results don't seem to have been great and his ranking seems to have plummeted, though I may be wrong.

Fair enough, I don't really follow it that much but whatever the reason his results don't seem to have been great and his ranking seems to have plummeted, though I may be wrong.

It's all tied into his injury. He was out for months and missed a load of ranking tournaments. His recovery has been slow and his performances have been below par, as physically and mentally he's not up to speed.

Some signs of improvement over the last 2/3 months and he is certainly better than Ferrer, Berdych, who are all ranked higher than him.

It's all tied into his injury. He was out for months and missed a load of ranking tournaments. His recovery has been slow and his performances have been below par, as physically and mentally he's not up to speed.

Some signs of improvement over the last 2/3 months and he is certainly better than Ferrer, Berdych, who are all ranked higher than him.

aye, missed a load of ranking tournies late last season. Made the semi in the French & gave Nadal a game which when you consider Nadal's only ever lost once there is something. Gave Djok a real game here.

His game's still there so if he can get the fitness back, there's no reason he can't get back into the top 3-4, but it's a journey as once you're out of the top 4, you're guaranteed a really tough QF.

Federer vs Monfils was ridiculous

And Serena wins the US Open without having dropped a set and aged 33. The sooner she jacks it in, the better for the women's game

I watched a bit of it yesterday and at times it was ridiculous, like Serena was playing against a child, the way she was making her chase all over the place.