By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The NFL thread - 2014/2015.

Ste M

Thought it was about time this was started. Happy Draft Day everybody!

Hoping that the Pats shock the world and trade up for Clowney. Or in reality, BB will trade down and select a Safety from Hicksville Community College that no-one has heard of.

Wouldn't mind a receiver in the first, Paul Richardson or Marqise Lee, if not then Aaron Donald or ASJ would be nice. Or Jason Verrett (who I have a man-crush on).

Who do we think goes first? Clowney, shirley?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was about time this was started. Happy Draft Day everybody!

Hoping that the Pats shock the world and trade up for Clowney. Or in reality, BB will trade down and select a Safety from Hicksville Community College that no-one has heard of.

Wouldn't mind a receiver in the first, Paul Richardson or Marqise Lee, if not then Aaron Donald or ASJ would be nice. Or Jason Verrett (who I have a man-crush on).

Who do we think goes first? Clowney, shirley?

Think the Pats will go NT in the 1st round if they don't trade down.

They need a pass rusher at DT, not another fat space eater. Wilfork and Siliga are a terrific pair to have for NT, Siliga is the future, but they need Atkins/McCoy/Suh type. Donald or Sutton ould fit the bill nicely.

It looks like Clowney will be the #1 pick. A truly seminal talent, can't wait to watch him play. Talk of the Texans trading for Ryan Mallett as well....

Eisen is the man isn't he? One of the best anchors in TV history.

Johnny Football falls to #22, bit of a shock for a kid groomed to be a quarterback since his conception. Here's hoping he is an abject failure as an NFL QB.

Ending up in Cleveland must be stunning for him. He'll enjoy those pleasant winters on the lakes.

Well, the Pats do go for a pass-rushing DT, but it's Dominique Easley of Florida.

Who's coming off two torn ACL's.....

And they passed on Marqise Lee too :(/>

seems like a hell of a player - and a huge gamble with his recent injuries.

Johnny football to Cleveland.. another mistake on the lake.

Watkins to the Bills is an interesting one - I like the look of him and think he could cause a few problems.. for Miami twice a year anyway..

Bortles to the jags - good idea to keep him in state but a cheaper option would have been Tebow and a player who can protect him!!

the bucs picked up a good WR - and all they need is a qb who can throw to him...

AJ McCarron still left..

I'd like the pats to collect a RB - Bishop Sankey or Jeremy Hill are the best ones left I think but who knows with the pats!!

there is talk that the Texans want to trade for Ryan mallet - but that could be because the offensive coach is an ex pats coach and was the qb coach for the pats in mallet first season. don't know how much the rumour is true and how much is people seeing links and making a story. assume the trade would be for a pick next year - would also leave room for another QB for the pats in the draft and theres a few good one's left.

The Texans are next up in the draft - maybe a late trade for that from the pats...

takes too long though - I'll have a look in the morning whats happened!!

there is talk that the Texans want to trade for Ryan mallet - but that could be because the offensive coach is an ex pats coach and was the qb coach for the pats in mallet first season. don't know how much the rumour is true and how much is people seeing links and making a story. assume the trade would be for a pick next year - would also leave room for another QB for the pats in the draft and theres a few good one's left.

This makes no sense. Houston needs a QB that gives them a chance to win now.

Bloody Redskins did nothing in the first round , again!! Stop trading away the first round picks.

To be fair they only traded their 1st round picks away once, they just happened to trade a lot of them at once. That deal still makes me laugh - probably THE worst trade in NFL history.

Jaguars picking Bortles is mental. They could have traded down and still picked him.

worst? how about Tampa trading away draft picks to get chucky???

Testaverede? Yeah, that was bad. OK, substitute that for "one of the worst" or else we'll be arguing how badly the Vikings messed up to get Walker from the Cowboys.

Let's just all agree that the Rams are pretty happy with the deal.

Jesus. Passed me by that one - happened when my interest in the NFL was on the wane. That is pretty poor.

yeah - they stopped allowed draft picks for coaches after that.

Fire Dungy, lose the draft picks then Gruden used dungy players to win the superbowl then the team fell to pieces.

Dungy still have the best winning % of any tampa bay coach. The glazers history in picking coaches fills me with hope for the future of the mancs..