By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sky Go

D.Boon

Been using this for a few weeks and it seemed great, last couple of times ive tried to watch a game on there the picture starts fine for a few seconds and then goes blurred and constantly trys to re buffer.

Internet connection/bandwidth is absolutely fine so i dont think that is the issue. Using it with Windows laptop so short of the java/hammer routine any suggestions........?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using this for a few weeks and it seemed great, last couple of times ive tried to watch a game on there the picture starts fine for a few seconds and then goes blurred and constantly trys to re buffer.

Internet connection/bandwidth is absolutely fine so i dont think that is the issue. Using it with Windows laptop so short of the java/hammer routine any suggestions........?

I've had the same thing this past week or two. I'm guessing the issue is their end and the sheer volume of people using the service while their granny watches Alan Titchmarsh. But I know nothing about pooters

I have been getting the same lately. Mine is through my xbox and connected to my PC using an ethernet cable.

Are you connected using WiFi? Try plugging your laptop into your router using an ethernet cable and seeing if that makes any difference. If nothing else, it will give you a faster and more stable connection.

Tried that, makes no difference.

Ok, looked at Sky Go tech page and it doesn't list Chrome as a supported platform for PC, only IE and Firefox. So installed Firefox and it is working absolutely fine through that. Chrome is still garbage. Maybe Sky have updated the software at their end the last couple of weeks?

do you think teachers should just recite a curriculum? Do you think kids with sexual identity issues or kids from ethnic minorities should be taught by racists and homophobes?

How about fascist police officers do you think their views compromise their ability to do their job.

you can decide some equivalence between communism and fascism if you like but I know which I'd be happier having in a classroom

do you think teachers should just recite a curriculum? Do you think kids with sexual identity issues or kids from ethnic minorities should be taught by racists and homophobes?

I think there are clear boundaries between teaching and polemic, Yes absolutely no problem.

How about fascist police officers do you think their views compromise their ability to do their job.It may do, it may not. it's to be judged on the evidence of their actions not their politics

Edited by Spion kop

If you think that actions and politics can be divorced from each other and you think it's acceptable for a homophobe to teach kids who have identification issues then I think you're being incredibly naive.

If you think that actions and politics can be divorced from each other and you think it's acceptable for a homophobe to teach kids who have identification issues then I think you're being incredibly naive.

What he said

So what is the proscribed list of political opinions then.

It's perfectly possible for the homophobe to teach maths to the gay kid as it is for the homosexual to teach maths to the straight kid. To invert the bigotries of the 1950's and start hounding teachers and businessmen for opinions now unacceptable is no improvement.

Probably shouldn't derail a thread about Sky go any more.

Edited by Spion kop

Also Spion Kop - if you think that companies don't concern themselves with the commercial or PR implications of publicly expressed political positions taken by current or potential senior employees, you're being staggeringly naive.

So what is the proscribed list of political opinions then.

It's perfectly possible for the homophobe to teach maths to the gay kid as it is for the homosexual to teach maths to the straight kid. To invert the bigotries of the 1950's and start hounding teachers and businessmen for opinions now unacceptable is no improvement.

It's not about proscribing political opinions it's about considering the suitability of a person to the role. I'd suggest an Anarchist a poor candidate for law enforcement for instance. Or an anti-abortionist as director of PAS.

What if it's not maths and it's biology, what about when that teacher is a form tutor or class tutor, what about when a political opinion such as fascism suggests such poor judgement that you wouldn't trust the applicant anywhere in the business?

It's definitely better having homophobic teachers not teaching kids than it is having homosexual kids taught by homophobes, they aren't equivalent.

Also Spion Kop - if you think that companies don't concern themselves with the commercial or PR implications of publicly expressed political positions taken by current or potential senior employees, you're being staggeringly naive.

Would you find it acceptable if a person lost there place on a board for being pro same sex marriage, or would it be acceptable for the company to do so to maintain public image?