By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hendrix

Ostrich Man

number of friends and lovers who haven't appeared on film before, including his pre-fame, Harlem-era paramour Faye Pridgeon.

Pretty sure she's interviewed in the film called just 'Jimi Hendrix', talks about him coming back from London and giving her acid for the first time.

Saw most of this last night - was a bit of a mixed bag in that it had a lot of stuff in it that I'd never seen before which was great but there was also an awful lot that was just cut and paste from previous documentaries, in particular IIRC, the Electric Ladyland Classic Albums show.

Saw most of this last night - was a bit of a mixed bag in that it had a lot of stuff in it that I'd never seen before which was great but there was also an awful lot that was just cut and paste from previous documentaries, in particular IIRC, the Electric Ladyland Classic Albums show.

Agreed. Nothing that insightful really but I think people always expect more from their idols than their often is.

Basically what I got from the doc was he was a lovely bloke and he wouldn't put down the fecking guitar for a

minute unless it was for a beautiful groupie.

Plus some of the early pics of him that I hadn't seen before with cropped hair had a passing resemblance to Sturridge.

I enjoyed it a lot. Seen a lot of that footage before, but it was still good to hear from those involved.

And being reminded that his voice was fantastic for those songs, and much under-rated by those who only think of his guitar playing.

I enjoyed it a lot. Seen a lot of that footage before, but it was still good to hear from those involved.

And being reminded that his voice was fantastic for those songs, and much under-rated by those who only think of his guitar playing.

He's got a great voice.

Also how anyone could play gigs on acid is beyond me. I can't imagine is was the weak stuff either...

He apparently took loads of speed as well, then went out and tried to play something like Red House.

Haahaa. I can't remember which festival it was at, but I remember collecting everything of his i could and hearing the worst version of Red house you could imagine live at.......?????. The speed might explain it. It sounding like someone who had never played the guitar before after 18 pints.