By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

First Hangover in many years

Case

Haven't drunk much in loads of years, but have had the odd couple of pints here and there.

In Ireland for a couple of days, so out last night with my Da and a few of my brothers.

Woke up an hour ago. I forgot the hurt. I forgot the BIG BASS DRUM. I forgot the nausea. I haven't yet opened the curtains. I hope to God, there are dark clouds all over Carlow. I can hear the frying pan going downstairs and want to stay in bed. In a minute, my Da will come in banging a pot with a big steel spoon. I hate him and all.

f***.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can hear is the relentless pounding of a "big bass drum".

I feel so nauseous.

I can't even open the curtains.

What can I possibly do to make myself feel better???

*lightnbulb* I know, ... w w w dot y n w a

All I can hear is the relentless pounding of a "big bass drum".

I feel so nauseous.

I can't even open the curtains.

What can I possibly do to make myself feel better???

*lightnbulb* I know, ... w w w dot y n w a

You sound like my wife when I thought she gave a s*** - sarcastically repeating back to me my moanings. Now I just shut up. Can a man not get some solidarity amongst his online brethren :drink:

Sorry to hear about your hangover Case. I hope you recover quickly.

I'm into my 7th or 8th week without alcohol. I don't miss it at all. I had 24 years of drinking but I've never been able to handle it very well, was always getting in scrapes.

I must say, I'm not feeling massively healthier, which I had been expecting, but I'm quite a bit more productive than I was (not difficult to improve on the slacker bar I'd set tbh)

Don't you miss being drunk?

I love being drunk, it's my favourite thing to be.

Yeah I did a lot of that though, 24 years of it really. My entire adult life with some harrowing memories of dismal, insane choices when drunk. The funny thing is that being sober gets to be its own kind of enjoyable state of mind. I admit that in the first week or two I would look at nice bottles of beer and cosy pubs with some sort of cravings, but that passed quickly because I didn't want to keep doing daft things when drunk.

You are probably a good drunk but I often eventually went past cheerfully drunk, and would often get too maudlin, or make rash decisions. One of my parents was/is a chronic problem binge drinker and I didn't want to end up like that and often thought I would have to stop drinking.

Yeah I did a lot of that though, 24 years of it really. My entire adult life with some harrowing memories of dismal, insane choices when drunk. The funny thing is that being sober gets to be its own kind of enjoyable state of mind. I admit that in the first week or two I would look at nice bottles of beer and cosy pubs with some sort of cravings, but that passed quickly because I didn't want to keep doing daft things when drunk.

You are probably a good drunk but I often eventually went past cheerfully drunk, and would often get too maudlin, or make rash decisions. One of my parents was/is a chronic problem binge drinker and I didn't want to end up like that and often thought I would have to stop drinking.

You not drinking for good? Do you reckon in time you'll be able to have the beer without going past cheerfully drunk or at least stopping before the maudlin rash drunk?

Cheers, lad.

I'll be alcohol free now till Christmas.

Carlow was s****. No architecture of note apart from the new Costa.