By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ok, fanboys

pipnasty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised by that, fanboy.

In the Metro today that Titanfall may end up on PS4 too.

The X1 is expensive compared to the PS4 but now the DRM thing has been sorted, resales are allowed and Kinect 2.0 is meant to be so much better I think I'll plump for it. That said, I won't be getting it on day 1, even with FIFA 14 thrown in.

Didn't know that about Titanfall. Is the PS4 doing cloud servers? Big advantage for any FPS fans on the Xbox if not.

I still can't get my head around the release of GTA V on the old machines.

Massively bigger platform base and the chance people will buy it twice?

So far it seems only Activision have committed to an upgrade deal on the new COD.

The Playstation is just better spec-ed, a better replacement for the PC, so I'll go for that on the basis that it will stretch further. Plus the other one has that bizarre, "necessary", spying device thing attached so that can take a hike altogether, especially after all those revelations about Microsoft falling over themselves to volunteer data to the US government. Not that there's much to see here, me playing with a disinterested cat about the most motion it's going to capture, but they can f*** off with the arrogance of the idea.

I've read plenty that suggest the difference is spec will make minimal amount of difference.

Yep think MS screwed up initially with DRM and the online requirement

Thankfully they saw the light, but I have been in the PS camp for years and see no compelling reasons to change.

Sony have been going hard on that line - "look at Microsoft changing their mind all the time". I see it as at least they acknowledged the outcry and sorted it.

I've read plenty that suggest the difference is spec will make minimal amount of difference.

Sony have been going hard on that line - "look at Microsoft changing their mind all the time". I see it as at least they acknowledged the outcry and sorted it.

I've seen some of those articles too. Yet to see one that's been convincing mind.

Secondly, at least they acknowledged they were going to lose sales and desperately applied band aids where possible. In terms of the developmental road map though what does it say about the two company's console concepts?

Don't think it matters about their "console concepts" if they're willing to rip them up under consumer pressure.

But, if they are not confident about their machine, then why should anybody else be? Sony went for hardcore gamers, Microsoft went for softcore gamers - and then changed their mind.

I still can't get my head around the release of GTA V on the old machines.

Well it's been in dev for about 5 years. The user base and fan base is huge on current gen machines too. Would be wrong to release a game of that anticipation after 5 years on a console with such a small userbase at launch. The PS3 sales didn't go through the roof until its second price drop. The same will happen with PS4.

I've got my PS4 on pre order... I've played a few games on it already and the kit is fantastic.

GTA V is unbelievable too but I'm biased ;)

Well it's been in dev for about 5 years. The user base and fan base is huge on current gen machines too. Would be wrong to release a game of that anticipation after 5 years on a console with such a small userbase at launch. The PS3 sales didn't go through the roof until its second price drop. The same will happen with PS4.

I've got my PS4 on pre order... I've played a few games on it already and the kit is fantastic.

GTA V is unbelievable too but I'm biased ;)/>

How did you wrangle that?

I too have one on pre-order, I do wish Sony would confirm the release but I expect there waiting to see what MS do

Don't think it matters about their "console concepts" if they're willing to rip them up under consumer pressure.

I think it does, it's a window on their long term plans. It's unlikely they've ripped up how they want to position the xbox over the next few years in the space of a month, more likely deferred while they find a new way to resell them to people. I guess they can watch and listen to you through their Kinect yoke then decide what you might fall for!! :)