By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

NFL 2013 - fantasy leagues, news etc

SkippyjonJones

so on the nfl league I have this TE that i could select as a keeper - but might trade him if anyones interested - he gets some really good stats.. and I think he might be getting a lot of , er, game time, this year.....

I also saw that the draft has been set for Sunday 1st september - is there any chance it could be the weekend before.. I'm away that weekend and will probably be totally mashed all weekend..

Or maybe set it up for like 11am Eastern??

I think I should start a new thread for 2013

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on the nfl league I have this TE that i could select as a keeper - but might trade him if anyones interested - he gets some really good stats.. and I think he might be getting a lot of , er, game time, this year.....

I also saw that the draft has been set for Sunday 1st september - is there any chance it could be the weekend before.. I'm away that weekend and will probably be totally mashed all weekend..

Or maybe set it up for like 11am Eastern??

I think I should start a new thread for 2013

I will move it mate, think the weekend before should be fine if everyone else is OK with that? I will go for a Sunday evening UK time afternoon US time again.

And if this is a new thread for 2013 - we need a new owner for fleaflicker! Its actually a good roster to take over with both Mannings, Lynch, Roddy White, Dez Bryant and Jimmy Graham to choose 3 keepers from.

so as far as I know we are looking at running three leagues from here?

CBS, NFL and Fleaflicker.. any others.

Might be worth doing a list of owners per league in here and see who is coming back... not sure we'll see Jen Chang again....

and if you need another owner for fleaflicker then I'm in for it..

So who do you all fancy this year? Despite Crabtree's injury, I make the Niners clear favourites, ahead of the Seahawks and the Falcons – though Kaep and Wilson could drop off slightly a la Newton, and there is a chance defences will get to grips with the read-option. AFC looks particularly weak: can see the Ravens, and perhaps even the Broncos and Pats regressing, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Vereen, Edelman and Ridley step up. Fancy a big year from the Bengals, and the Chiefs should make the play-offs. Not sure what to expect from my Saints: offence should continue to be strong but impossible to say how new-look defence will perform under Ryan.

So who do you all fancy this year? Despite Crabtree's injury, I make the Niners clear favourites, ahead of the Seahawks and the Falcons – though Kaep and Wilson could drop off slightly a la Newton, and there is a chance defences will get to grips with the read-option. AFC looks particularly weak: can see the Ravens, and perhaps even the Broncos and Pats regressing, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Vereen, Edelman and Ridley step up. Fancy a big year from the Bengals, and the Chiefs should make the play-offs. Not sure what to expect from my Saints: offence should continue to be strong but impossible to say how new-look defence will perform under Ryan.

Ryan did fine at Dallas - don't think it was the defense letting that team down,

Crabtree is excellent. but we may not see him til late in the season - if at all

Pats will remain consistent - if the team pulls together then they could be strong going into the playoffs.

Keep an eye out for the bucs. second season for the coach so much less of a learning curve and they have added to their team well. the question mark is if freeman can be consistent.

bengals???? chiefs? what you drinking?

so as far as I know we are looking at running three leagues from here?

CBS, NFL and Fleaflicker.. any others.

Might be worth doing a list of owners per league in here and see who is coming back... not sure we'll see Jen Chang again....

You not in fleaflicker skippy? In that case you would be very welcome! Davvo is the administrator in that league now, can we get skippy in and how do we go about it? Its a keeper so you will take over a team but as I said you've got some really good ones to choose from!

Three leagues again - I'm happy to setup the CBS one and continue administrating the nfl.com one.

And watch out for the Bears this season. We are going to be a fast moving offensive side more like the Pats for just about the first time in our history! I think Matt Forte is going to have an enormous year in Trestman's system, and upgrades on the O-line mean Cutler will get the chance to show if he's the real deal or not.

My previous post on the Pats.....

The run game last year was at it's strongest since Dillon was pounding the rock back in 2004. They'll lean on that again I would imagine - Ridley is a very consistent runner, with nice patience and vision and is good at making positive yards. Vereen is a nice all-round threat who offers something different to Ridley, whilst they have Bolden (who had a decent impact last year as a UDFA) and the forgotten LeGarette Blount in reserve. There's a lot of talent there, even more so if you include Leon Washington who will be a KR/PR first but is more than capable of providing a bit of something as a runner - and the word on the street is that the Pats also like George Winn, another UDFA who they picked up from Cincinnati.

As for Brady and co., the Pats need to go back to what made them a Superbowl winner - no discernible tendencies and a receiving corps who can all catch 60 passes for 600-800 yards. I'm not too concerned about Gronk, he's not missed any game time to a back injury so far and they've seemingly caught whatever the problem was early. We'll see how things go. With regards to Amendola, people liken him to Welker but he's a slightly different player, more capable of lining up wide and offering more of a TD threat. He's faster, although what sets Welker apart from anyone that has ever played in the slot is his vision and short area quickness. But then the Pats need to move away from this middle of the field, making third downs manageable stuff - it's what's seen the team come up short offensively in recent years.

I think they've picked well in the Draft at the WR position, Dobson is the type of big-physical perimeter threat they've missed since Moss was ran out of town and should help early, whilst Boyce is a proper deep threat and not too dissimilar to Emmanuel Sanders who the Pats signed to an offer sheet a couple of months ago. He can be the modern version of David Patten with a touch of Deion Branch about him as well. But it's a folly putting all your hopes on a couple of rookies, especially seeing the way that rookie WR's have struggled with the playbook for the last decade.

The loss of Hernandez is a big blow, it was him who gave the Pats offense that real X-factor, but again, if they can utilise the wideouts more and find more consistency and efficiency at the position, they should be okay. Don't forget Jake Ballard hasn't yet played a snap for the Pats since they pinched him from the Giants, whilst Hoomanawanui and Fells both contributed at TE. None are the type of Swiss Army Knife that Hernandez was, but the position is well stocked. Keep your eye out for UDFA Zach Sudfeld by the way, he's been a revelation so far through the OTA's and rookie camps and if he can keep it up, may force one of the previously named TE's off the roster come cut-down.

Overall, as long as Brady is running the offense and McDaniels is over-seeing things, the Pats should have enough offensively to win games. There's no denying though that the off-season has been one of huge changes and one which will define the direction the Franchise goes in over the next 5 years or so.

The biggest question in NE though is whether the defense can finally make the jump people have been predicting for the last 2/3 years. If they can, then the team may well be challengers again for the SB, even if the offense has a down year.

Blount is the one that intrigues me. He was a monster in college but took a long time to adjust to the nfl. However I got to see him in Tampa as I now live there and was surprised to see him go. He had a fairly good last season but and seemed to fit in well. he is capable of becoming a force as a running back - and he can catch the ball too. however he does have a temper and can be inconsistent - neither of those things will faze the pats and if they can smooth out his game then he might just become the best RB that the pats have. oh - and Talib could be a monster too...

Is the NFL Fantasy League open to anyone, or restricted to the same core of people every year? I'd be interested as I usually put it off every year.

There are usually a couple of places available, certainly in the re-draft league's, as not everyone wants to be in 3 or more league's. The keeper league's also occasionally have an opening.

The details of how to join usually go up in here at some point, so best to keep an eye on the thread mate, as any free spots get posted here.

Let me have your email address Skippy and I'll send the invite. Not a clue about codes and passwords for that league it's been up that long.

I'll also email all owners to see if everyone else is still in this year, or whether there are more owners needed.

Is the NFL Fantasy League open to anyone, or restricted to the same core of people every year? I'd be interested as I usually put it off every year.

The nfl.com and fleaflicker leagues are 'keeper' leagues which run year and year and you retain 3 of your players for the next season. Not sure if there will be a place in either of them if Skippy is going to take that last fleaflicker spot. However I'm 100% sure there will be a place in the CBS NFL fantasy league if you want it Jay, as the infamous LFC communications director Jen Chang actually took part with us last year, and we don't envisage seeing him again!

Let me have your email address Skippy and I'll send the invite. Not a clue about codes and passwords for that league it's been up that long.

I'll also email all owners to see if everyone else is still in this year, or whether there are more owners needed.

check your email - its not letting me in. plus from what I can see its Bailo's team that its wanting me to take over - and he wants to keep it. I'm confused (not unusual..)

check your email - its not letting me in. plus from what I can see its Bailo's team that its wanting me to take over - and he wants to keep it. I'm confused (not unusual..)

Just replied mate, think it must be an issue with the invite system. I tried it by signing up as new user and it let me do it, so have emailed you that process, with league name and password which I've found.

Just replied mate, think it must be an issue with the invite system. I tried it by signing up as new user and it let me do it, so have emailed you that process, with league name and password which I've found.

ta.

got it but no time right now - I'll try later

The nfl.com and fleaflicker leagues are 'keeper' leagues which run year and year and you retain 3 of your players for the next season. Not sure if there will be a place in either of them if Skippy is going to take that last fleaflicker spot. However I'm 100% sure there will be a place in the CBS NFL fantasy league if you want it Jay, as the infamous LFC communications director Jen Chang actually took part with us last year, and we don't envisage seeing him again!

I'm happy to go with whatever opportunity becomes available, whether it's CBS or NFL. I'll keep an eye out if the details get posted in here. Thanks.

Well, Alfred Morris proved to be an inspired pick in Fantasy last year, hopefully he doesn't suffer the usual Sophomore slump.

Him, Megatron and Vincent Jackson are my three Keepers.

Kramerica needs an owner in Fleaflicker, by the way.

Great! Do I just wait for further instructions or do you need an e-mail address or anything?

Will post the league name and password on here for everyone for CBS when I set the new league up (will do it this week) then you just log on, set up your team and join our league with the details.

Hopefully can do the same for nfl.com but it is a little different as it is a keeper league - Bailo have you withdrawn from the league if you aren't going to play again this season? If not could you do so for me please, thanks mate!

I will have to work out how to add you Jay as I haven't done this yet but I will keep you posted. I guess as soon as Bailo withdraws it will become apparent...

Edited by Leo No.8

Interested in people's opinions as I'm facing a very tough decision on my final keeper in fleaflicker.

Steven Jackson or Frank Gore? Both 30, both had decent seasons last year but the one new factor is Jackson moving to Atlanta. I think I'd have kept Gore if Jackson would have stayed with the Rams, but I'm inclined to keep Jackson now he has an explosive passing offense that'll stop teams loading the box against him. First time in his career he's been in a good offence.

Gore had a great season last season though, including fantastic numbers in the playoffs after fantasy had finished.

Edited by Leo No.8