By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Drugs

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Gary Lineker@GaryLineker 14 Jul
  2. The findings of banned substances in a number of athletes is deeply worrying for the sport. Dread to think how far this may go.

1. Holt@OllieHolt22 2h
  2. @GaryLineker surprised you feel like this, Gary. Surely, in your world, Gay and the rest just doing what they need to do to win. Like Broad

1. 6bf764acffa5dd404f3ba75850c7d26b_normal.jpeg Gary Lineker@GaryLineker 2h
  2. @OllieHolt22 in an ideal world players would walk, but he broke no rule. Would have been on end of some bad decisions, evens out. But drugs?

<li>

1. OHM_normal.jpg Oliver Holt@OllieHolt22 2h
  2. @GaryLineker he broke no rule? What about the rule of fair play? Oh, I'm sorry, that's deemed to be sanctimonious isn't it?

</p><li>

1. 52cbedca5894ad9d622f4f060f584b7a_normal.jpeg Brian Moore@brianmoore666 1h
  2. @OllieHolt22 @GaryLineker Fair play is determined at sole discretion of the umpire if he says it isn't - it isn't.

1. OHM_normal.jpg Oliver Holt@OllieHolt22 1h @brianmoore666 @GaryLineker so if a football referee says a dive isn't a dive, it isn't?

apologies for the mess of that post

their argument is still going on - Holt talking a staggering amount of bolllocks

The 'diving/not walking' comparison is completely spurious.

The more accurate comparison with not walking is a defender not telling the referee they have clipped an opponent in the area.

Which I don't think anyone has been criticised for, ever.

The other big reason for Broad not to walk is that the on-field umpire could have missed a no-ball which would be picked up when the opposition review it and so you'd be not-out anyway. If they've spunked all their reviews on lbw shouts that were missing the stumps by a couple of feet then that is their tough s***.

Anyway, drugs...yeah, let them take what they want and just do medical checks on things like their red blood cell count and only allow people to compete when it is within a certain level. No 'bans' as such, just short-term suspension of licences.

i think they should be allowed to take whatever they like. its pointless the way it is, people cheating all over the place. make it a level playing field, take whatever you want. be great to see someone do 100 meters in 4.5 seconds

It wouldn't be an even playing field though, the guy with the best, newest drugs would still have an advantage. It's a weird moral question because you know there are people out there who if given the choice of a long life and mediocrity or dying at 40 with an Olympic medal would choose the latter.

It wouldn't be an even playing field though, the guy with the best, newest drugs would still have an advantage.

exactly

it'd be a competition between Pfizer/GlaxoSmithkline/Roche/Novartis and waste of everyone's time

Just like the bloke with the best newest shoes, or the best coaches with the best training methods.

not even close

It's a weird moral question because you know there are people out there who if given the choice of a long life and mediocrity or dying at 40 with an Olympic medal would choose the latter.

Every single day i make a conscious choice to do the former.

It wouldn't be an even playing field though, the guy with the best, newest drugs would still have an advantage. It's a weird moral question because you know there are people out there who if given the choice of a long life and mediocrity or dying at 40 with an Olympic medal would choose the latter.

I've been told (by someone from within Professional Cycling) that Sky (and possibly others for that matter) use Carbon Monoxide ingestion currently, which apparently forces elevated oxygen levels and produces a natural "EPO". Or something like that, I'm not an expert. But that desire to win does feel, to me, a bit frightening at times.

Yohan Blake pulls out of World Championships with a hamstring injury

No idea why I've put it in this thread

Couldn't/wouldn't he still get tested anyway, out of competition?

I've been told (by someone from within Professional Cycling) that Sky (and possibly others for that matter) use Carbon Monoxide ingestion currently, which apparently forces elevated oxygen levels and produces a natural "EPO". Or something like that, I'm not an expert. But that desire to win does feel, to me, a bit frightening at times.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they are doing something like that.

In fact, I'd be amazed if they aren't at the very cutting edge of pretty much anything that could enhance performance and which isn't currently banned (but probably will be at some point).

Same as high altitude training. Smokers too, boost their erythropoietin by restricting the oxygen.

Same as high altitude training. Smokers too, boost their erythropoietin by restricting the oxygen.

Yeah, apparently people who have just given up smoking find things like the Inca trail easier than a non-smoker.

Edited by cymrococh

To be fair to Traves, you can understand the attraction of the glamour world of elite big fat b*****d sweaty discuss throwers. He wanted it so bad he crossed a line.

First you get the drugs, then you get the fatman leotard, then you get the women.