By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Berlusconi

Ripley

des....just spotted yer signature...is it not supposed to be "phil or was that bill?" or did you do it on purpose?

It's "Bill or was that Phil?", shirley.

Or maybe you're right, I don't know. I should deffo STOP GETTING ARTHUR LEE WRONG.

I'm not changing it, like.

Edited by Des

Sounds brilliant but he'll probably be out in 7 months.

He's not going to go to prison, which is a massive shame really

Yes, but all these appeals and such keeps him busy and as far away from politics as is practically possible to get until he carks it.

And that's as good as it gets. :(

• 1 month later...

His sentence has been reduced from 5 years to 1 but has been confirmed. Berlusconi is going to prison.

What's the correct response here I wonder...

:lol:

Yep that'll be it.

Oh balls. It's only community service or house arrest because of his age.

f*** it.

This actually looks pretty terminal for Berlusconi's career. Although he won't go to chokey, it's the first time he's been condemned absolutely by the highest court, and the Corte Di Cassazione is still highly regarded by the majority of Italians, whatever they think of the politicised magistrature below it. He's excluded from the next elections, and will probably by voted out of the Senate. It's actually very good news.

This actually looks pretty terminal for Berlusconi's career. Although he won't go to chokey, it's the first time he's been condemned absolutely by the highest court, and the Corte Di Cassazione is still highly regarded by the majority of Italians, whatever they think of the politicised magistrature below it. He's excluded from the next elections, and will probably by voted out of the Senate. It's actually very good news.

He's 76 though. How much longer did he have left in his career anyway?

He's 76 though. How much longer did he have left in his career anyway?

This is Italy. The President of the Republic is 88 and has just been re-elected for a second 7 year term...Andreotti was still in the Senate when he died at 95. They go on and on.