By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Trip to Ireland

D.Boon

Going over at the end of May with the wife and nippers. Spending a couple of days in County Wicklow seeing friends then thinking of heading to Galway as a possible starting point with the general idea being to have a look round the West and South West.

7 days to fill, beaches and scenery stuff mixed in with the odd pretty town/village.

Any 'not to be missed' suggestions?

Edited by D.Boon

Do you have a reason for Galway?

The ring of Kerry and Dingle are stunning but you've also got the option to go north through Connemara towards Sligo which is my favourite town on the island then up to Donegal. It's all stunning the west coast.

Do you have a reason for Galway?

The ring of Kerry and Dingle are stunning but you've also got the option to go north through Connemara towards Sligo which is my favourite town on the island then up to Donegal. It's all stunning the west coast.

No reason for Galway at all other than a good location as a starting point. Give it a miss? Dingle looks lovely so we defo want to go there.

Deffo the Ring of Kerry and Dingle. Head down through Clare and get the ferry across the Shannon. Funghi the dolphin boat trips too. And Annascaul for the Tom Crean museum.

For Galway, head out through Spiddal, on through Roundstone (Dog's Bay), Clifden then back inland through the gap of the Twelve Bens and Nanturks. Takes you though Oughterard (great fishing country), near The Quiet Man cottage. Take a boat trip out to the Aran Islands and hire bikes to see Dún Aengus Fort.

Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, either from the clifftop or get a boat from Doolin to see them from the sea. (better view) Have a pint of Dooliner in Fitz's Bar, great beer. Watch out for the donkey across the road, he bites.

Donegal is stunning too, especially heading up towards Frosses/Glenties/Ardara for Nancy's Bar.

West Cork too, if you can manage all that driving. Watch out for Jeremy Irons.

No reason for Galway at all other than a good location as a starting point. Give it a miss? Dingle looks lovely so we defo want to go there.

I'm kind of bored of Galway but I'm trying to think where else. If you are definitely doing Kerry I'd swerve Galway start in Killarney or something then head across to West Cork. Galway unless you are spending time in Clare or up through Connemara is going to give you less than the alternates.

So yeah Killarney Ring of Kerry Dingle West Cork