By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool Buy to Let market

Redray

Have been some interesting articles on this lately. such as this one;

http://www.contractormortgages.co.uk/2012/03/11/liverpool-a-good-buy-to-let-location/

Have made by own tentative enquiries. the yield ratios are good. 9% to 10% on average. Captial appreciation may not be fantastic but at the prices you are looking to buy for this is not a major concern. Obviously cannot take the agents word as gospel but just ringing around other letting agents and enquiring about availability to rent in a particular location, you get informed demand is high and you get invited to be put on a waiting list.

so what's the catch? Anyone doing something similar, or involved in the selling/letting side? Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

Have been some interesting articles on this lately. such as this one;

http://www.contractormortgages.co.uk/2012/03/11/liverpool-a-good-buy-to-let-location/

Have made by own tentative enquiries. the yield ratios are good. 9% to 10% on average. Captial appreciation may not be fantastic but at the prices you are looking to buy for this is not a major concern. Obviously cannot take the agents word as gospel but just ringing around other letting agents and enquiring about availability to rent in a particular location, you get informed demand is high and you get invited to be put on a waiting list.

so what's the catch? Anyone doing something similar, or involved in the selling/letting side? Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

Can you do it with those houses for a quid? I don't think you can can you?

Molby's your man for this.

Never available when you need him.

Where are you, lad?

right here (sadly not in Megeve)

I haven't missed any texts or calls have I? :unsure:

and Redray, there is nothing I don't know about Liverpool property, not a damned thing; how much would you pay for my time? would you pay £500 per hour? that's my charge rate for consultancy

I also have a YNWA rate though

There was a thing mentioned on the radio (think it was) recently.

A certain Mr Robert Fowler was running a (no doubt paid for) seminar on building a property a portfolio.

I guess a starting point of "lots of spare cash at the end of the week" would be as good a place to start as any.

A certain Mr Robert Fowler was running a (no doubt paid for) seminar on building a property a portfolio.

I guess a starting point of "lots of spare cash at the end of the week" would be as good a place to start as any.

that's the best way to come a cropper

9/10% or whatever can quickly become zero - need to weigh up the risks of buying up property with such apparent high yields

and also work out net yield, not just gross

right here (sadly not in Megeve)

I haven't missed any texts or calls have I? :unsure:

and Redray, there is nothing I don't know about Liverpool property, not a damned thing; how much would you pay for my time? would you pay £500 per hour? that's my charge rate for consultancy

I also have a YNWA rate though

Er...What is YNWA rate?

Would have no problem paying your private rate, however, think the rules of the forum, I think, dictate that the YNWA rate must prevail.

Er...What is YNWA rate?

Would have no problem paying your private rate, however, think the rules of the forum, I think, dictate that the YNWA rate must prevail.

agree

the YNWA rate is a grand an hour :bleh:

just kidding; if you're looking at anything in particular, pm me the details and I'll give you my advice. No pay, ray....although one day I might come to YOU for a favour ;)

agree

the YNWA rate is a grand an hour :bleh:

just kidding; if you're looking at anything in particular, pm me the details and I'll give you my advice. No pay, ray....although one day I might come to YOU for a favour ;)

For this you will need a nubile, willing* relative who reaches Molby's high 'fit' standards

*they don't have to be willing, Molby can be very persuasive

saw that - amazed that he has a clue about it tbh

For this you will need a nubile, willing* relative who reaches Molby's high 'fit' standards

*they don't have to be willing, Molby can be very persuasive

the opposite

I still have a spare neice, fit enough to have run the half marathon on Sunday, and in desperate need of a mate

one of you could become family

the opposite

I still have a spare neice, fit enough to have run the half marathon on Sunday, and in desperate need of a mate

one of you could become family

So rather than palming off a relative into your clan, we could lose Ray? You drive a hard bargain

Apparently the courses are free, don't understand how they're making money unless there is another paid course they try to convince people to do at the end.

what used to happen was that at the end of the course they'd get you on to a database and start selling you properties, arranging mortgages etc...'a one stop shop'

nowadays there wouldn't be enough demand for a paid course perhaps but it's still a lead-generation exercise