By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Windows 8 out on Friday the 26th

Nebraska Red

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you install an OS especially one from Microsoft before it's hit at least the first service pack and preferably the second then you are asking for trouble.

If you had Vista installed I'd tell you to upgrade immediately as you have 7 I'd hold off to see what the reaction is.

If you install an OS especially one from Microsoft before it's hit at least the first service pack and preferably the second then you are asking for trouble.

If you had Vista installed I'd tell you to upgrade immediately as you have 7 I'd hold off to see what the reaction is.

that sounds like good advice. we have a Vista PC that has to be replaced pretty soon as our 15 yo is killing the laptop with all his engineering programs.

it's going to be great! :) I'm going to camp out all night outside the Microsoft store in Frankfurt just so I can be the first to secure a copy

and outside the Apple store when they start selling the mini me Ipad?

it's $70 for a hard copy, only $40 for a download. you may be advised to sit at home and just watch your PC freeze up and crash on a regular basis.

windows 8 looks absolutely f***ing horrible. like they're trying to do vista all over again. if you're happy with 7 and it does what you need it to do i'd stay a mile away.

I've had the preview version for a little while and I don't get where you are coming from on this at all.

I've had the preview version for a little while and I don't get where you are coming from on this at all.

really? i had a go on a preview version a few weeks ago. just seemed horrible. too much stuff moved around, trying to hard a la vista. you like it?

really? i had a go on a preview version a few weeks ago. just seemed horrible. too much stuff moved around, trying to hard a la vista. you like it?

They're trying to get everything to have the same look and feel regardless of device and I can see why. I'm fine with it. Not sure I would rush out and buy it if I didn't already have the preview, but like with Windows 7 I'll be upgrading on my various PCs and laptops shortly after the official release (or rather when I have the time to get round to it).