By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2005 Ashes

Tommy Cockles

Hello cricket fans, welcome. Be seated.

Just watched some highlights of the 2005 Ashes, took me right back.

Just an astonishing epic event. 25 days, 200 odd hours of unceasingly intense action. Makes your 90 minute football match seem trivial.

Not sure there's ever been,or ever will be, anything quite like it.

Favourite moment: Simon Jones bowling Michael Clarke at Old Trafford.

What's yours?

Hello cricket fans, welcome. Be seated.

Just watched some highlights of the 2005 Ashes, took me right back.

Just an astonishing epic event. 25 days, 200 odd hours of unceasingly intense action. Makes your 90 minute football match seem trivial.

Not sure there's ever been,or ever will be, anything quite like it.

Favourite moment: Simon Jones bowling Michael Clarke at Old Trafford.

What's yours?

Harmy's slower ball or Gary Pratt running out Ponting

It was a fantastic series both for the closeness/quality of the matches and the fact we never capitulated after the Lords debacle

the Ponting run out and him losing it with the England balcony as he trudged up the steps was classic

It was a great series, but the best moments are indisuputable and have already been posted.

This one, and Jones bowling Clarke.

Other bits worth a mention:

Harmison hitting Ponting, and the fact that he bore the scar all summer.

Flintoff to Gilchrist and Hoggard to Hayden. Not anywhere in particualar, just generally.

Lee batting at Trent Bridge, to be magnanimous - he t****** Harmison literally out of the ground as I remember. .

Vaughan scored a lovely century at Old Trafford. Harmison's last over there was a low-light.

Warne dropping Pietersen (couldn't have happened to etc...)

Hayden getting all upset in the ODIs before the series.

And last but not least - in that I don't think the series would have been won without it - McGrath stepping on a cricket ball at Edgbaston.

It was a great series, but the best moments are indisuputable and have already been posted.

Flintoff to Gilchrist and Hoggard to Hayden. Not anywhere in particualar, just generally.

Lee batting at Trent Bridge, to be magnanimous - he t****** Harmison literally out of the ground as I remember. .

Vaughan scored a lovely century at Old Trafford. Harmison's last over there was a low-light.

And last but not least - in that I don't think the series would have been won without it - McGrath stepping on a cricket ball at Edgbaston.

Yeah. Proper early doors wasn't it. They made a fuss about the fact that no-one came over & showed concern. Ha ha. Ponces.

Was it the 1st over of the series as well when Harmy hit Langer a nasty blow on the forearm & the bump came up live on TV? Sweet.

Just watched the Gary Pratt thing funnily enough. Proper funny. His rant at the balcony was well documented but it started on the field as well.

Harmy's slower ball or Gary Pratt running out Ponting

It was a fantastic series both for the closeness/quality of the matches and the fact we never capitulated after the Lords debacle

Yeah that slower ball was immense. I remember pacing about my front room getting more & more worried about that stand (in the days before kids when I could watch hours of cricket) & thinking they've really shifted the momentum here.

And then, there it was. Right at the end of the day. I think Clarkes groan was picked up on the stump mike. Beautiful.

Ran off through the house into the back garden. Shouting.

Yeah. Proper early doors wasn't it. They made a fuss about the fact that no-one came over & showed concern. Ha ha. Ponces.

Was it the 1st over of the series as well when Harmy hit Langer a nasty blow on the forearm & the bump came up live on TV? Sweet.

Yeah that slower ball was immense.

Yeah, he roughed them up massively at Lords, only for McGrath to run through us, still set the tone for the battle ahead though.

Clarke was out last over (or even last ball? again in Adelaide I think in 2010/11.

Kasprowicz (sp) getting caught behind in edgbaston. Was in the crowd in the Eric hollies that day went bats*** crazy as did everyone else.

Had some training event for work a couple of days later at the Marriott in Birmingham and it was where the England lads were staying got to chat to gerraint jones and Michael Vaughan and congratulate them was brilliant!!

Kasprowicz (sp) getting caught behind in edgbaston. Was in the crowd in the Eric hollies that day went bats*** crazy as did everyone else.

Had some training event for work a couple of days later at the Marriott in Birmingham and it was where the England lads were staying got to chat to gerraint jones and Michael Vaughan and congratulate them was brilliant!!

Was a good catch as well that by Jones.

Though it wasn't a catch really, of course.

Still, all the funnier.

Was a good catch as well that by Jones.

Though it wasn't a catch really, of course.

Still, all the funnier.

Yeh

I remember as I had drunk 2 pints of s*** Heineken in quick succession before it happened, celebrated as if stevie had smashed one in from 40 yards and so had a f***ing s*** migraine for two hours after but it was worth it

Straussy's slip catch

Flintoff, morning and afternoon session, 3rd day, Edgbaston, that 78 was crucial including that 6 off Lee which hit the top of the stand.

Flintoff bowling at the Oval unchanged, 4th day morning session unchanged, taking 4 fer. Brilliant.

Strausses catch

Giles bowling Martyn at OT

Best series ever.

That over that Flintoff bowled to ponting that culminated in him nicking out was a brilliant 5 minutes of sport.

I quite liked that moment when all the english supporters had the umbrellas out at the oval and all the aussie fans had the shades on and were lashing on sun cream

I know, they will be milking me for 2 days worth. Last day is 20 quid, probably take a punt at that too.

Trent bridge tends to not go to the final day does it?

That over that Flintoff bowled to ponting that culminated in him nicking out was a brilliant 5 minutes of sport.

I quite liked that moment when all the english supporters had the umbrellas out at the oval and all the aussie fans had the shades on and were lashing on sun cream

KP dumping champers on you from the victory bus?