By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

nexus 7

badtodabone

Ive bought the 16gb version the day they came out and I love it, only really the Kindle Fire HD comes close to it for the money but Id still have the Nexus.

The sound isnt amazing but if Im watching a film or something I usually use headphones or an external speaker though.

Other than that I cant think of too many negatives, its really comfortable to hold and use, its fast and Jelly Bean runs like a dream on it.

Flash isn't offically supported anymore on Jelly Bean but Ive been able to sideload Flash, iPlayer etc so its not a problem.

What do you mean?

From the Play Store..

*** NOTE: FLASH PLAYER IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED FOR NEW DEVICE CONFIGURATIONS. FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ON ANY ANDROID VERSION BEYOND ANDROID 4.0.x ***

If you want Flash on a Jelly Bean device you have to sideload the APK yourself which is far less of a hassle than it sounds.

Edited by Moose

I read the other day that the Fire HD has been rooted so it basically comes down to which device you prefer.

Kindle has more storage, stereo sound and hdmi out, however it runs ice cream sandwich, is dual core, has no gps and unrooted is tightly bound to Amazon only content.

The Nexus 7 runs jelly bean, is quad core and has gps, however it only has a single speaker and no hdmi out.

In my opinion the Nexus is faster and slicker, the Fire HD is more suited to consuming media.

I have one and it's great. Only problem is that the first batch came with a hardware assembly problem, where a screw on the left of the screen wasn't tightened properly, so it had to go back (didn't want to do it myself for warranty reasons) but the guys I bought it off came and collected it with a new one, so happy days.

It runs fast, is a perfect size and after sideloading Flash and using Firefox Beta, runs all Flash based sites. Battery life is great too.

For less than 200 quid, you really cannot go wrong.

Ive bought the 16gb version the day they came out and I love it, only really the Kindle Fire HD comes close to it for the money but Id still have the Nexus.

The sound isnt amazing but if Im watching a film or something I usually use headphones or an external speaker though.

Other than that I cant think of too many negatives, its really comfortable to hold and use, its fast and Jelly Bean runs like a dream on it.

Flash isn't offically supported anymore on Jelly Bean but Ive been able to sideload Flash, iPlayer etc so its not a problem.

sideloaded??