By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ryder Cup Tickets

Puma

Right lads, I find myself in the most ridiculous situation. I have here on the table in my living room 6 day passes ( one for each day from tuesday through sunday ) and I can't use them. Due to my boss, my wife and my stupid, stupid coworker I've had to cancel my trip to Medinah ( actually still have an inkling of hope I can salvage it but it's unlikely, give it 3% chance ). I'm wondering if any of you lads has a great idea for me to sell these tickets and help me ease this massive, massive pain? I know most will point to ebay but I've never sold anything there and frankly don't see myself pulling that one of given the fact I'm in Iceland and I still have to get the tickets to whoever it would be.

Anyone know someone who's spontaneous enough to plump for the these tickets? :)

I have absolutely no idea what to ask for these. Face value 1,052 dollars.

You should have answered your own uncertainty with the second part of that post.

Or aer we using the forum for ticket touting now?

Sell them atv face value for f***'s sake.

Hate this kind of s****.

You should have answered your own uncertainty with the second part of that post.

Hate this kind of s****.

He might be willing to take what he can get given the situation he finds himself in to mitigate any losses?

He might be willing to take what he can get given the situation he finds himself in to mitigate any losses?

Sounded like that to me aswell to be honest. Didn't for a second thnk he was touting, just indicating the face value so someone could make a reasonable offer, given he's facing a total loss if noone buys them.

I'd like to be clear that' I'm expecting losses on this, probably total loss to be frank. It's rather offensive to be labelled a tout but I'm sorry if the post wasn't clear enough to make sure that didn't happen. I'd never tout anything, absolutely clear. And for the record I double checked the pricing on this and it seems these passes are only 850 dollars worth. Travel agency doing a bit of an excessive margin there.

Thanks for the help NYR, appreciated. Others I apologize for the bother.

Hate this kind of s****.

at what point did he ask for more than face value???

don't recall you ever being asked to moderate posts in here..

I would suggest that your lack of experience in ebay should not be a reason for you not to sell them on there. There is a no tickets rule on ebay but people get round that by selling, say, a postcard of the venue, with a free ticket thrown in.

Mate of mine does it every year for the European football finals if Liverpool are in the running - he buys 4 tickets for his family and if the Reds make it to the final, he goes, and if they don't he sells a map of the city where the final is being held with four 'free' tickets included.

don't recall you ever being asked to moderate posts in here..

Don't recall suggesting I should.

I just asked a question.

A hit one as it turns out, because he has cleared up what he meant and so I retract what I said.

Was just confused as to why he didn't know how much to ask for them when he knew what face value was. Seemed to be like he was wondering how much he could get whereas it seems now he was aactually trying to minimise losses.

I jumped the gun and apoolgise to the lad.

Nah, me to apologise, I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Just f***ing hate anything like that been sold over face value and wrongly assumed the worst.

Apology accepted and everything fine and happy then. I completely agree with you on the subject of touts and touting in general.

:)