By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ricky Hatton

Cobs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder whether Sky's decision to go with that smug prick Eddie Hearn for all their boxing, means he thinks he needs the money

I really hope he doesn't, he must have earnt more than any other British fighter bar Lennox Lewis by the end of his career. Who will he fight to give this any credibility? That beating he took off Pacquiao is not something he needs to go anywhere near again.

Khan? After a warmup or 2 that is...

Khan would beat him, even with his defence. And if he gets back amongst it in the US which is quite possible a fight with a near 35yr old Hatton isn't much to get excited about. It might get a crowd but it wouldn't be much of a contest.

Khan would beat him, even with his defence. And if he gets back amongst it in the US which is quite possible a fight with a near 35yr old Hatton isn't much to get excited about. It might get a crowd but it wouldn't be much of a contest.

Doesn't matter as long as it makes money and that's all that seems to matter for many of the boxers nowadays...feck the titles/prestige etc just let me see the greenbacks.

I really hope he doesn't, he must have earnt more than any other British fighter bar Lennox Lewis by the end of his career. Who will he fight to give this any credibility? That beating he took off Pacquiao is not something he needs to go anywhere near again.

he'll be fighting Malinaggi

Brook would batter the version of Hatton that will come back.

This comeback is not going to end well - he was never the most technically correct boxer, his attributes were always high energy and work rate which will only have been eroded going into his 30s.

I really like the guy which is why I'm sorry to see this.

Edited by Leo No.8

Brook would batter the version of Hatton that will come back.

This comeback is not going to end well - he was never the most technically correct boxer, his attributes were always high energy and work rate which will only have been eroded going into his 30s.

I really like the guy which is why I'm sorry to see this.

I don't think Brook is all that either. Just hope its not a car crash. 3 years out is a long stretch at his age, particularly given his last fight and the state he got into afterwards.

In other boxing news,Khan and Roach have split,and Pacquiao-Marquez 4 has been signed.

Best thing for Khan,IMO,needs to be the sole focus of whatever trainer he's under,and Freddie couldn't seem to sort that defence.

Pacman-Marquez is always a great fight,looking forward to it. I think it's more competitive than a fight with Floyd,who I think could handle Pacman with relative ease.

Hatton Was at Chester Zoo today, saw him in the Ape House!

Thought I overheard him talking about names; might have been discussing possible opponents. Can't help thinking there was a certain aptness to the venue for the discussions though.

hatton1280x853.jpg

Edited by ifanew

He looks in decent shape to be fair

He does, yeah.

Will be interesting to see how he goes.

He's got a lot of miles on his clock one way or another with some tough fights and a lifestyle that has hardly been conducive to maintaing top condition, meaning he has probably had to train harder than most to get into shape.

Good luck to him anyway, has always seemd to be basically a decent lad.