By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The first car you ever bought...

Ant

What was the first car you ever paid for, out of your own money?

I' have recently purchased a Fiat Punto Evo 20 months old, bloody love it I do. After driving a Nissan Micra which was older than me and pink on one side, then onto a Ford KA. This offers some welcome relief.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mk2 Golf 'Driver'.. it looked like a GTi (had the quad lights and big bumper kit).. but a more 19yr old friendly 1.6 engine.

Spent ages scouring scrappies and breakers tarting it up for peanuts, full interior refit, sound deadening and stereo upgrades etc... Ah, I loved my little golf.

red Peugeot 306.

I've had 'better' cars since but that remains my favourite.

There was something about the shape of the 306 that made me want one very much. I never did having a car in Liverpool seemed a waste. I did share a 1.1 fiesta with the ex wife.

They were f***ing terrible. A mate had one.

yeah , wasn't great

cheap enough though, I think I paid about 900 for the insurance , which was a lot at the time

still better than the car I replaced it with , a vectra I got from an auction site

They were f***ing terrible. A mate had one.

I had one - they were great. except for the dual in line fuel pump.. they had one pump in the fuel tank and it kept breaking down if it was put under too much presure.. (which mine was).

naturally part of its greatness was that it was a company car and they paid fo insurance as I was 22 and there was no way I could have afforded it on my own...

still pretty nifty though..