By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sky Sports

Moose

Just rang up to cancel my Sky Sports package for the summer and they offered me 20% discount for 9 months if I didn't. I'm now paying £12 less for the same channels until February. wacko.gif

The guy said that this was an offer they had on at the moment so I thought Id pass on the knowledge in case anyone here might be able to take advantage of it.

Have taken Sky Sports off my package until August to keep my bills down.

They said I can have it in August until May 2013 with 25% off.

Don't like their coverage though. SSN is a joke, Darren Lewis is on most weeks going through the papers and talking s***.

Presenters are getting more annoying as well

Their coverage of F1 is also crap but I don't have a choice for most races.

Edited by Candystore

20% off for 9 months? Haha, you were robbed. Before actually cancelling altogether I got 50% off all channels for 6 months to try and convince me to stay. Have since had the same offer loads of times to try and entice me back. No chance though. Got Freesat on my TV and the ony channels I can't get now which I could before are Sky One & the Sports. Don't miss the sports at all as I only ever watched Liverpool games and a bit of golf. I used to watch Modern Family & House etc. and while I enjoyed them I don't exactly miss them.

20% off for 9 months? Haha, you were robbed. Before actually cancelling altogether I got 50% off all channels for 6 months to try and convince me to stay. Have since had the same offer loads of times to try and entice me back. No chance though. Got Freesat on my TV and the ony channels I can't get now which I could before are Sky One & the Sports. Don't miss the sports at all as I only ever watched Liverpool games and a bit of golf. I used to watch Modern Family & House etc. and while I enjoyed them I don't exactly miss them.

Not exactly robbed. They normally offer 50% off for 6 months max or 25% off for 12 months. Taking that into account 20% off for 9 months isn't bad.

I'm sure another phone call, telling them financial circumstances have changed would get OP a greater discount

Edited by Candystore

I was only cancelling the sports pack though and I wasn't actually expecting them to offer me anything as I genuinely wasn't that arsed about having it.

Their coverage of F1 is also crap but I don't have a choice for most races.

Really? I was gutted when it left BBC, but I have to admit I think their coverage is excellent. Not convinced about thr anchor man nor the point of Georgie Thompson other than window dressing but I've learnt more about the sport in 5 races this season than in 3 years on the Beeb.

Really? I was gutted when it left BBC, but I have to admit I think their coverage is excellent. Not convinced about thr anchor man nor the point of Georgie Thompson other than window dressing but I've learnt more about the sport in 5 races this season than in 3 years on the Beeb.

Crap is probably a bit over the top. Agree that there is no point in GT. She called the Red Bull Energy Station ' the aptly named Red Bull Engine station'

Ted Kravitz is very good, should do the F1 show on his own.

In terms of knowledge I still prefer BBC's features and build up compared to Sky's. It is their first season though

just had murder with them. the HD box is f***ed, picture and sound keeps jumping and skipping nothing will record properly. phones them up, tried to tell me i wasnt insured, but i could get insurance for £8.25 a month and pay £129 for a new box, had a row over them sending me a replacement box for free, they're getting about £120 a month out of me for sky HD multiroom, broadband and the phone, got put through to cancellations, told them i was cancelling the whole f***ing lot and switching the phone and broadband to BT, got a free HD box, a bigger memory one than i had, a load of add ons, and 50% of sky sports for 6 months. the only drawback is a new 12 month contract,but i dont care about that

I've watched 3 of the 5 races on Sky and haven't seen Georgie Thompson once. What does she actually do?

I've watched 3 of the 5 races on Sky and haven't seen Georgie Thompson once. What does she actually do?

Does the F1 show on Friday nights. Asks a few dumb questions. I only watch it because of Ted Kravitz.

On race weekends she stands in front of the 'skypad' ask some more s*** questions while Ant Davidson goes through stuff in detail.

They should get rid but they won't. Wish the BBC had kept all the rights :angry:

She was on Sky News this morning, apparently an author now, some book about Twitter, I switched channels.

I was only cancelling the sports pack though and I wasn't actually expecting them to offer me anything as I genuinely wasn't that arsed about having it.

I've just gone for broke and cancelled the lot (talk, broadband, tv). they didnt offer me anything and just put it through. put my best act on. Recieved an email with a cooling off period until 17th june, shall I sit tight and expect a follow up call, or have they just accepted it?

Could quiet happily cancel talk and broadband as neither our great, but dont fancy losing tv.

I've just gone for broke and cancelled the lot (talk, broadband, tv). they didnt offer me anything and just put it through. put my best act on. Recieved an email with a cooling off period until 17th june, shall I sit tight and expect a follow up call, or have they just accepted it?

Could quiet happily cancel talk and broadband as neither our great, but dont fancy losing tv.

They'll be onto you offering you a deal before then