By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Montreal

Bailo

What are you into Bailo? If you let me know, I can tailor my suggestions a bit.

Would suggest staying just outside the Old Port. The Queen Elizabeth (Reine Elizabeth) is central to most things. Lots of fun to be had on Crescent or up on the Plateau.

As NYR mentioned lots of adult entertainment available, most of it on St. Catherine.

The Old Port is fantastic on a lazy Saturday.

The Biodome and Insectarium are worth checking out - they're out at the old Olympic park.

If you time it right you may be able to catch an Alouettes game. If you've never seen it Canadian rules football is lots of fun, almost completely geared offensively.

Definitely eat at Schwartz's, there's a 24hr poutine place in french Montreal that's also not to be missed (I'll try to dig up the name). Don't go for steak.

What are you into Bailo? If you let me know, I can tailor my suggestions a bit.

Would suggest staying just outside the Old Port. The Queen Elizabeth (Reine Elizabeth) is central to most things. Lots of fun to be had on Crescent or up on the Plateau.

As NYR mentioned lots of adult entertainment available, most of it on St. Catherine.

The Old Port is fantastic on a lazy Saturday.

The Biodome and Insectarium are worth checking out - they're out at the old Olympic park.

If you time it right you may be able to catch an Alouettes game. If you've never seen it Canadian rules football is lots of fun, almost completely geared offensively.

Definitely eat at Schwartz's, there's a 24hr poutine place in french Montreal that's also not to be missed (I'll try to dig up the name). Don't go for steak.

I'll be there for 3 full days with the wife, so I imagine adult entertainment will be out, or at best uncomfortable.

We'll be up for a mix of culture, fun, sights, mainly food and drink. Biodome and insectarium sound right up our geek street, cheers. By don't go for steak, do you mean steak is bad there or something?

By don't go for steak, do you mean steak is bad there or something?

Exactly, Montreal has lots of great food, but I've never found a decent steak. Never tried the place Skippy mentioned, just decided that there are other places to go in Montreal.

Montreal is a great city, a lot of it is walkable (not Olympic park, there is a metro)

For true Montreal experience try:

Schwartz's - Montreal style smoked meat sandwich's served the way they were intended, I recommend ordering it with milk. ;)

La Banquise - Poutine, poutine and more poutine

Cafe Santropol - Interesting sandwiches etc. in the heart of Mordecai Richler's old stomping grounds

For dinners

Tons of little bistros in Old Montreal - I like Bonaparte but have never found a bad one.

Au Pied de Cochon (pork, pork and more pork)

La Moulerie

For Breakfast

Chez Cora

l'avenue

For drinks

Brutopia

Newtown

Saint Sulpice

Billy Kun

Le Biftek

Winnie's

Club Soda - for live music

Things to do:

Walk up and around Mont Royal and Notre Dame

Olympic Park area

Old Port

Have fun, Montreal is brilliant

Exactly, Montreal has lots of great food, but I've never found a decent steak. Never tried the place Skippy mentioned, just decided that there are other places to go in Montreal.

Montreal is a great city, a lot of it is walkable (not Olympic park, there is a metro)

For true Montreal experience try:

Schwartz's - Montreal style smoked meat sandwich's served the way they were intended, I recommend ordering it with milk. ;)

La Banquise - Poutine, poutine and more poutine

Cafe Santropol - Interesting sandwiches etc. in the heart of Mordecai Richler's old stomping grounds

For dinners

Tons of little bistros in Old Montreal - I like Bonaparte but have never found a bad one.

Au Pied de Cochon (pork, pork and more pork)

La Moulerie

For Breakfast

Chez Cora

l'avenue

For drinks

Brutopia

Newtown

Saint Sulpice

Billy Kun

Le Biftek

Winnie's

Club Soda - for live music