By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Paul McCartney at the Academy tonight

Molby

Fan bloody tastic it was

If the wife gets me a better Christmas pressie than the ticket to that which was an early gift then I'll be gobsmacked

My wacky thumbs are well and truly aloft

Highlights for me: Let Me Roll It, Maybe I'm Amazed, I Saw Her Standing There just ahead of Band On The Run

The tele must be making it worse than it is, becos everytime I've seen him he sounds fantastic regardless of his age, comes on and delivers at least 2 hours of singing, no fuss or bother, puts younger singers to shame. He sounds far better live than he does on tv. Not sure what the difference is but when people say his voice his going ....you certainly don't get that feeling when you see him live.

Edited by liverbird04

well maybe saying it sounds gone is a bit harsh its just the times Ive seen him on telly the power seems to have left the voice and he strains quite hard to reach the notes, understandable given his age and maybe its more to do with his voice being so great in his younger days that the loss of power/range is more noticeable.

Would still love to see him live, things that sound bad on telly generally arent noticeable at a gig.

Particular highlights for me included

Let it Roll

Calico skies

Day in the life....f***ing incredible hearing that.

Can't help but get emotional seeing Paul on stage, he's not getting any younger...who is! you know when you see him that your seeing something that you will treasure for the rest of your life.

Can't wait to see him again.

Made me laugh when everyone started copying everything he said :lol:

Particular highlights for me included

Let it Roll

Calico skies

Day in the life....f***ing incredible hearing that.

Can't help but get emotional seeing Paul on stage, he's not getting any younger...who is! you know when you see him that your seeing something that you will treasure for the rest of your life.

Can't wait to see him again.

Made me laugh when everyone started copying everything he said :lol:

let it roll - that a new one?

Jambos! I never get to see that tw*t.

However, my missus recently revealed that she hadn't ever actually listened to a Beatles album before, not like properly, they never had any in her house.

This revelation came when she heard "I'm only sleeping" and wondered who it was that had recorded such magnificence.

So, happy days for me then.

Not only do I get to play them all at her but I also get to go on and on and on and on about the significance of each tune and maybe even make up loads of stuff if I can't think of anything.

Not only do I get to play them all at her but I also get to go on and on and on and on about the significance of each tune and maybe even make up loads of stuff if I can't think of anything.

Just memorise extracts from Revolution In The Head and pass them off as your own.