By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Digital Vinyl System's

Eskimo

what is it? do you mean converting vinyl?

Think it's equipment that lets DJs "scratch" with digital files. Something like that. Still get a turntable and "vinyl" but all it's doing is playing digital files rather than the vinyl itself.

Think it's equipment that lets DJs "scratch" with digital files. Something like that. Still get a turntable and "vinyl" but all it's doing is playing digital files rather than the vinyl itself.

correct, basically mixing digital files as you would vinyl on a set of decks...

correct, basically mixing digital files as you would vinyl on a set of decks...

Virtual DJ is good to mess around on on a PC, its readily available for free.

There is your Abletons and your Traktors. Depends how serious you want to get.

Edited by muleskinner

One of my mates has got Serato, and I've had a mess on it. It is surprisingly good, easy to use and feels 'authentic'.

It's also contributing in a great way to the death of record shops, but that's another thread.

Aye it does look good although not sure I want to spend that much as its not for serious use. Was looking at Traktor/Intimidation which are cheaper options and seem just as good, on paper at least.

IMO the CD decks started the decline, never a fan :angry: Used to have some great shops in Kingston, Creative, Troublesome which then became Slammin Vinyl and they all closed around 10 years ago well before before digital. Only one left now is Beggars Banquet.

Instead we now have a fecking chavski shop opening, even more reason to get out!!

Edited by Eskimo

Traktor Scratch is great, very intuitive. Feels just like vinyl, you can have your whole collection there on a hard drive and it gives you 'warmer' sound you get off vinyl.

A load of the younger lads I DJ with have it and love it. I'm still going off CD's and Vinyl at the minute, I can't get my head around lugging an expensive lap top around for Trakor or Serato when I play out, but if it's mainly for playing at home, then I'd recommend it.