By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Blackstuff

Des

saw the one where they go up to the north east. I think its the first one, but i'd like to see them all again.

that's the original play, The Blackstuff, rather than the series, Boys From The Blackstuff.

They showed The Blackstuff a coupld oe weeks back (I was really annoyed cause I forgot to record it) but I've saw the first of the series last week and recorded last night's.

Was brilliant seeing TV drama that dared to articulate proper political thought..... be interesting to see if the next couple of years throws up anything comparable.

that's the original play, The Blackstuff, rather than the series, Boys From The Blackstuff.

They showed The Blackstuff a coupld oe weeks back (I was really annoyed cause I forgot to record it) but I've saw the first of the series last week and recorded last night's.

Was brilliant seeing TV drama that dared to articulate proper political thought..... be interesting to see if the next couple of years throws up anything comparable.

You would hope so. I have it on DVD as a boxed set - sent a copy to Skip a few years back. It's so close to my own experiences of the era in Liverpool (and why I finally left) that it still physicaly hurts watching it and I end up having to go for a walk afterwards to calm down.

Christ, but I hate Margaret Thatcher and all she stood for.