By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

No-win-no-fee solicitors

Is there any disadvantage to going with the no-win-no-fee ones?

If so, why does anyone use any other type of solicitor for accident claims?

They don't take you on unless you have a cast iron case and they will charge you a bigger fee when you win. Go to No win, No fee and if they will take you on pay someone to take your case !!!!!

I have asked a couple of No win no fee solicitors about taking my last company to a tribunal, and they both told me that I might have a case but the compensation won't be that much to make it worthwhile for them to take it on a no win no fee basis

check you home insurance, you might have legal cover there

They don't take you on unless you have a cast iron case and they will charge you a bigger fee when you win. Go to No win, No fee and if they will take you on pay someone to take your case !!!!!

This may be the best piece of advice ever given on these boards

'tis a great shout so long as you can afford it.

I have asked a couple of No win no fee solicitors about taking my last company to a tribunal, and they both told me that I might have a case but the compensation won't be that much to make it worthwhile for them to take it on a no win no fee basis

check you home insurance, you might have legal cover there

What were you planning on taking them to court for? If it's something fraud related my Step-dad might be able to help you out.

don't think so - got the solicitors' stuff in front of me, says the third party would be responsible for their fees and any disbursements (doctors' fees etc) if I win.

I only have personal experience of one such case - individual (Mother in Law) suing a company for an accident - she won, and they paid all fees, legal and personal.

Good luck with whatever it is mate.

if I win, the other side will have to pay my solicitors' fees.

I realise you would get costs but it can cost a lot of dosh up front and not everybody has got it. A client of mine is trying to sue a doctor for f*cking up her operation, the upfront costs are way beyond her means and she can't proceed. It's not cut and dried enough for the ambulance chasers and they don't want to know.

don't think so - got the solicitors' stuff in front of me, says the third party would be responsible for their fees and any disbursements (doctors' fees etc) if I win.

I may be wrong on that but when I was "managed out" my advisor told me that they had clearly pitched the wording and compensation such that if I DID have a problem with signing the letter a) they withdrew the offer and b) you would likely as not get no more than the offer in a Tribunal.

So I signed the letter and got a cheque to go away

My guess is, your chaps are sort of in the same place

I may be wrong on that but when I was "managed out" my advisor told me that they had clearly pitched the wording and compensation such that if I DID have a problem with signing the letter a) they withdrew the offer and b) you would likely as not get no more than the offer in a Tribunal.

So I signed the letter and got a cheque to go away

My guess is, your chaps are sort of in the same place

Exactly the same with me... they have long experience in setting the amount so that the addtional money you might get equates approx to the hassle of getting that addtional money