By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The most ridiculous sport on Earth

Andy @ Allerton

I've been watching 'LAL' v 'HOU' while waiting for the football to come on and I can honestly say that mental sports like that mad Indian hopscotch thing they used to have on C4 and even things like Fly Fishing and the like pale in comparison of this 'sport'

What makes it even more astonishing - is that Basketball isn't a 'fly by night' liked by a few people thing - there are literally millions of people that think it's the bees knees.

Astonishingly bad. It's very hard to see how anyone could like this?

Anyway.. Of all the sports out there - which do you think is the king of s****? The Prince of Poo?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching 'LAL' v 'HOU' while waiting for the football to come on and I can honestly say that mental sports like that mad Indian hopscotch thing they used to have on C4 and even things like Fly Fishing and the like pale in comparison of this 'sport'

What makes it even more astonishing - is that Basketball isn't a 'fly by night' liked by a few people thing - there are literally millions of people that think it's the bees knees.

Astonishingly bad. It's very hard to see how anyone could like this?

Anyway.. Of all the sports out there - which do you think is the king of s****? The Prince of Poo?

crown green bowls - f***en s****

Basketball is essentially running, jumping and throwing a ball into a 'hoop' - what is strange about it ? Fairly normal sport by most definitions.

I quite like cricket but it must be up their for weird arcane rules.

Basketball is essentially running, jumping and throwing a ball into a 'hoop' - what is strange about it ? Fairly normal sport by most definitions.

I quite like cricket but it must be up their for weird arcane rules.

I used to dislike cricket - but someone said if I had a few days off - get on the ale and chill and watch the one-day internationals and since then, I think it's great!

As you say - mad rules - but one of those games where the more you know about it and the more skill you realise is out there - the more you like it.

Basketball is pretty much netball with no tackling or contact - just score-score-score-score-yawn-score-score..

I'm not keen on Baseball - but I can certainly see the attraction of it - and it's kind of interesting to watch - American Football has so much technical stuff going on and tactics - that once you realise what's going on - again it's pretty interesting.

But basketball? Pants. Pants. Pants.

I have actually watched that - on a day when you're chilling out and drinking beer - it's strangely hypnotic.

f***enell andy, youve had some stick on here recently about your posts but I think you just trumped yourself!

next you'll be telling me you watch repeats of crossroads and pebble mill :ohmy:

I used to dislike cricket - but someone said if I had a few days off - get on the ale and chill and watch the one-day internationals and since then, I think it's great!

As you say - mad rules - but one of those games where the more you know about it and the more skill you realise is out there - the more you like it.

Basketball is pretty much netball with no tackling or contact - just score-score-score-score-yawn-score-score..

I'm not keen on Baseball - but I can certainly see the attraction of it - and it's kind of interesting to watch - American Football has so much technical stuff going on and tactics - that once you realise what's going on - again it's pretty interesting.

But basketball? Pants. Pants. Pants.

I bet if we were at a top basketball game in america with a few beers we'd f***in love it. I've never got into any of these american sports off the tv but I bet they are good live. Most sport is like that, didn't know I liked Golf until I went to the open at Hoylake.

Motor Racing is iredeemably f***ing s***.

I wouldn't mind having a go of racing karts or driving a formula 1 car but watching other people do it is rubbish.

Fair point but doing it is the sport.

Now Basketball that's just non contact bulldog with a ball while Gridiron is basically contact bulldog with a ball.

EXTREME sports aren't sports.

As our kid said while watching some bloke on a windsurfer dangling off a mountain top by a rope while chasing a frisbee on sky sports 3, you could be on the beach somewhere with a lager instead (or having some ribs).

Edited by smithdown

I bet if we were at a top basketball game in america with a few beers we'd f***in love it. I've never got into any of these american sports off the tv but I bet they are good live. Most sport is like that, didn't know I liked Golf until I went to the open at Hoylake.

Motor Racing is iredeemably f***ing s***.

To be honest I've never seen Basketball, Baseball or American Football live yet (Although have tried a few times) but you could well be right.

Seeing footy on the telly is nothing like watching it live - so yeah maybe you've got a point mate.

If the worst comes to the worst you can have a skinful while being bored :)

Basket ball is s****. They never miss.

A few septics I have spoken to said that college basketball is miles better than the NBA, because they do miss more.

Though that in itself is weird. Can you imagine folk going, yeah watching Liverpool play West Ham is good but it's no dog and duck v the poachers in the warrington pubs sunday league?

I'm not really a huge basketball fan but do try and watch Cleveland now and again and just watch in awe of LeBron. The man is astonishing.

The best players miss less, therefore are less interesting

The best players should be paid minimum wage, whilst folk like me should be paid lots. 1 hr of court time and a 0-0 draw.

I might set up a league with this in mind.