By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Is that officially the end of GH

Ronnie Whelan

And brought Gerrard through. And played a big part in Carra's development.

Oh, and won five trophies in a year, but that probably undermines the forthcoming argument

The argument is as follows:

It could be argued that JAR never came to grips Rafa's philisophies while the likes of Sami, Finnan, Carra & Stevie adapted their game. Now with the remaining players plus a few additions Rafa should have a squad thats his.

You know, I had something along those lines written for the opening post but though people would get what I was hinting at. Thats what I get for assuming eh!

Seems you've learnt nothing over the years ;)

Guest Anders Honoré

I think he came to grips with it just fine. He started out in excellent form at leftback under rafa (this was attributed to him, but the upturn started at the tailend of ged's time here), then moved into midfield as injuries took their toll, played well and scored some crucial goals. He was consistently a trustworthy and reliable option for rafa in Europe and fit in rather well in a great backfour with carra, sami and finnan (better imo than he ever did when he played with them under ged).

Going s*** over the past year isn't the same as 'never coming to terms with'. He stayed here for four years into rafa's tenure because he fit into his plans.

I think he came to grips with it just fine. He started out in excellent form at leftback under rafa (this was attributed to him, but the upturn started at the tailend of ged's time here), then moved into midfield as injuries took their toll, played well and scored some crucial goals. He was consistently a trustworthy and reliable option for rafa in Europe and fit in rather well in a great backfour with carra, sami and finnan (better imo than he ever did when he played with them under ged).

Going s*** over the past year isn't the same as 'never coming to terms with'. He stayed here for four years into rafa's tenure because he fit into his plans.

Indeed - Rafa thought he was so sh*t, he gave him a new contract back then.

Guest GrandpaSimpson

Lot of revisionism gone on here. Riise was very good for us, for MOST of his time here. Some on here would do well to remember that. You dont stay at a club like ours for 7 years, playing 371 games if your s****.

Edited by GrandpaSimpson

Lot of revisionism gone on here. Riise was very good for us, for MOST of his time here. Some on here would do well to remember that. You dont stay at a club like ours for 7 years, playing 371 games if your s****.

Fair point - it's only the last two seasons it's come apart for him.

if, during the course of his seven years with us, and training what, five times a week, he'd learned to kick with his right foot he'd probably still be at the club and we wouldn't be signing dossena.

Maybe he wasn't s****, but he can't play in a side looking to keep possession.

Indeed... its just a shame he had to end his stay at LFC the way it did.

Servent for the club and i have alot of respect for him.