By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ciggies

Bootser

I know Kev has tried it - who else?

I'm smoke-free since 1 Jan 06 and am glad I kept at it despite being previously off them for over a year - twice and then going back on them. Wish I could knock the booze on the head. :unsure:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from wanting to sound like a f***ing Evangalist BUT ... Try and knock 'em on the napper. I know it's hard - I started out on 2 Number six and two matches FFS!!! It's a way off but New Year's Resolutions are a great cathartic way of stubbing the bastids out.

haven't smoked for about 3 months I think. I can't recal exactly when I gave up, I just stopped one day.

The smoking ban in pubs helps. Not that I go out often, but when I did, guaranteed I'd smoke. But last friday for instance, I was out after work, not even tempted to go outside for a cig.

I guess my next big test will be when I go away on holiday!

Edited by Benitez

Guest Snorky
I know Kev has tried it - who else?

I'm smoke-free since 1 Jan 06 and am glad I kept at it despite being previously off them for over a year - twice and then going back on them. Wish I could knock the booze on the head. :unsure:

Tried Tried TRIED !!

8 months tomorrow and still going :)

I quit a couple of NYD's ago. Just stopped. Tempted a few times a couple of weeks in but after that just didn't want to smoke anymore...so have successfully managed not to smoke since. Of course there has been a few totally stupid drunken pulls on ciggies that aren't counted :unsure:

Guest Snorky
I quit a couple of NYD's ago. Just stopped. Tempted a few times a couple of weeks in but after that just didn't want to smoke anymore...so have successfully managed not to smoke since. Of course there has been a few totally stupid drunken pulls on ciggies that aren't counted :unsure:

I know people who can only smoke if they are out, or in other specific situations. I would love to do that but I'm scared it will put me back on them.

Guest mike_m

I started smoking at 14, quit at 26, started again at 29 and quit again at 37.

It's been 5 years now and I have had less than 5 in that time (all when hammered) and smoked about 5 packs of cigars. Don't miss them but, occasionally when pissed, will be tempted.

April 4th I gave up. Am 46 and been smoking since I was 11.

I must have been on 30+ a day.

Not a single ciggie since. Well chuffed I am.

Bad news is I have put half a stone on in that time, all on my gut. Heaviest i have ever been.

Quit drinking on 1st Jan. Not a single drop have I had since. That I am not too happy about. :(

Edited by NWR

I have said it before and I will keep saying it, get the Allen Carr 'Easy way to stop smoking' book. I smoked for about 15 years, read the book in April 2004 and haven't smoked since and to be honest, I know I never will again, and I am gutted I ever did.

I see mates of mine smoking now and without wanting to come across all self-righteous, I cant believe they still smoke. Its mental.

At least give the book a go, one of my mates started reading it, but wouldn't go past the first couple of chapters because he was afraid of packing them in!

At least give the book a go, one of my mates started reading it, but wouldn't go past the first couple of chapters because he was afraid of packing them in!

:lol:

Been there, done that.

I smoked 20 a day for about 10 years and gave up about 15 years ago... got plastered one night and couldn't face a cig in the morning and just kept it going from there... I found it helpful to replace the smoking with improving my fitness (going running etc)... displacement therapy, I guess!

I gave up in 92 and never thought I would smoke again. My daughter (who has downs) left home to live independantly in Oct 2006 and I couldn't handel it. I had a whole weekend of drinking vodka and smoking and I am still smoking. If I could of got hold of some wacky this would not have been the case.

I gave up in 92 and never thought I would smoke again. My daughter (who has downs) left home to live independantly in Oct 2006 and I couldn't handel it. I had a whole weekend of drinking vodka and smoking and I am still smoking. If I could of got hold of some wacky this would not have been the case.

Grow your own indoors, a couple of plants will keep you going all year round if you don't want much. The kit is widely available.

I have said it before and I will keep saying it, get the Allen Carr 'Easy way to stop smoking' book. I smoked for about 15 years, read the book in April 2004 and haven't smoked since and to be honest, I know I never will again, and I am gutted I ever did.

I see mates of mine smoking now and without wanting to come across all self-righteous, I cant believe they still smoke. Its mental.

me too - had tried twice previously to stop with no luck . Read this book 4 years ago and not had a ciggy since, know i will never smoke again and have not had the urge for one since the physical cravings left my system.

Excellent quote from this book 'the only thing you are trying to achieve by lighting your next cigarette is to get back to the state of mind you were in before you smoked your first one' . It shows smoking is an endless vicious cycle that can only be broken by not having a 'next one'.

Booooya! Allen Carr !! :lol:

Gave up about five years ago and have not gone back. I somehow managed to get addicted to nicorette for a while but knocked that on the head a few years ago. Still smoke the odd joint but I dont use tobacco for those. A number of doctors recommend it as a treatment for epilepsy and I do find it works.

I gave up drinking 15 years ago. That was probably less of a problem that giving up the the fags. I stopped going to pubs for about a year but now it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The only difficulty I have it is with the last hour when people get a little messy. Wearing beer goggles is one thing. Being the person watching is another. I'd recommend Erdinger non-alcoholic if you like the taste of beer though a number of people I know prefer Becks. For some reason that gives me a hangover.