By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Internet Providers

Bootser

Lost the rag recently when I lost my connection and spent a week trying to talk to a human being for technical support at Orange/Wannadoo/Freeserve. I got through after two rings when I selected the 'add to package' option :angry:

Told them to stick it.

Am currently paying £18pm and getting a speed of 2.2mb. Any decent package out there. Dont have a lap top so can't see what benefits I would gain from wireless. Any pointers gratefully received.

(OM - Stick that meter..... :lol: )

Guest Raisbeck

if you have an O2 mobile contract then O2 broadband do great deals - basically half price broadband.

I pay £7.50 a month for unlimited downloads and 8 gig connection,

Never had a problem with Tiscali, admittedly their support is crap, but always found it reliable so only needed to phone them once.

Now work pay for a Demon line, I have found it f***ing brilliant!

I never HAD a problem with Tiscali. Had Tiscali Broadband for ages, and it was great, never had an issue, or the need to even have to call them / contact them.

Then I got Tiscali TV.

Now, Tiscali TV works great - never had a problem with that! (And HBO on Demand is fecin great).

But the broadband has gone to hell. It's fecin AWFUL. Never mind speeds, it's keeping the fecer connected. It goes through spells of hours when it won't stay connected for more than a couple mins at the time (that was happening yesterday from about lunchtime, till this morning).

And the 'support' is terrible.

I'm counting the months till the contract is up. Can't be doing with the stress of even trying to get them to help anymore.

So basically, don't get Tiscali, that's my advise ;)

i had tiscali for 2 years and it was boss, my girlfriend even got it based on what i said. Since I moved into my new place with no BT line I have had my mobile modem paid for by work, but my gilrfriends tiscali, every weekend i am there i spend every few hours rebooting the modem to try a get a decent line speed as its got so slow, in fact if it wasn't for the fact it was sunday in Carnaby Street yesterday I would have been in there head office complaining

Guest Prongsy

The only one I'd use (if I didn't get free broadband from ntl/virgin) is be broadband. Super fast and sensible bandwith.

The only one I'd use (if I didn't get free broadband from ntl/virgin) is be broadband. Super fast and sensible bandwith.

Feck me. I agree with Prongsy. ;)

Really, if you can get be broadband in your area, then consider trying them out. Customer service is very good so far (I've always managed to get hold of someone pretty quickly). Speed is excellent. For the 24mb service you need your exchange to be enabled, but if it is then it's worth a go. £18/month for unlimited access.

Just had a mail off my current provider Bulldog/Pipex to say my staff discount is going to end cos they are transferring to Tiscali - buggeration it means i will prob have to find a new phone and broadband supplier. Any decent combined packages out there?

I currently have Sky and an O2 account so dunno if they would be worth looking into

i had tiscali for 2 years and it was boss, my girlfriend even got it based on what i said. Since I moved into my new place with no BT line I have had my mobile modem paid for by work, but my gilrfriends tiscali, every weekend i am there i spend every few hours rebooting the modem to try a get a decent line speed as its got so slow, in fact if it wasn't for the fact it was sunday in Carnaby Street yesterday I would have been in there head office complaining

What router / modem is it?

I pressumed the issue I was having with broadband was cos of the new router they supplied. Yesterday I discovered that there was new firmware I could download (install?? whatever!) onto the router. And whaddyaknow, connection has been perfect ever since. Not dropped once.

We'll see how long that lasts!

hi bran, its a netgear router, already downloader the latest firmware (well it was one i used in work and then took home), could be the BT exchange down there, she is only in a little village and most of them struggle on the normal BT Broadband so I am putting it down to the latest Tiscali offer and the fact they will have a bigger contention rate per line than there supposed to have

Be Internet (www.bethere.co.uk).

If it's available in your area you get ADSL2 (Up to 24MPS as opposed to up to 8MPS). I'm getting 650-700KB per second with them as opposed to 150-200KB per second with Pipex. £18 a month

Tiscali suck Satan's c**k.