By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ian Dowie appointed new 1st team coach at QPR

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3564959,00.html

Dowie named new QPR boss

Loftus Road outfit turn to former Palace manager

By Rob Parrish Last updated: 14th May 2008

Championship Play Offs

Match Betting - Check out Sky Bet full range of match bets

Bristol City v Crystal Palace and Watford v Hull City - Place your first bet and we will match the stake up to £20!

Dowie: New QPR boss

Related links

Teams

Queens Park Rangers

Also see

Championship fixtures

Championship table

Championship stats

Iain Dowie has been appointed as the new first team coach of ambitious Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers.

The former Oldham, Crystal Palace, Charlton and Coventry manager has signed a two-year contract at Loftus Road.

Dowie steps into the hot-seat vacated by Luigi De Canio just days after the end of the current season, in which the club finished in 14th place.

Backed by the financial muscle of Formula One duo Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, the Rs are expected to be strong contenders for promotion to the Premier League next term.

Innovative approach

Dowie, who spent a previous spell as caretaker boss at QPR and worked as assistant manager under Gerry Francis, told the club's official website: "This is a very exciting long-term project.

"I'm very privileged to have been given the opportunity under the new ownership to return to the club where I served my managerial apprenticeship.

"I've been thoroughly impressed by the new investors and their fresh, aggressive and innovative approach to all sporting matters, as well as the marketing and commercial aspect of this football club.

"QPR is a fantastic club, with a steep and successful history and I'm going to relish the challenge that lies ahead."

Sporting director Gianni Paladini added: "Iain Dowie has a proven track record in the Championship and we're delighted to have him on board."

Ian Dowie must be one of the luckiest managers around, how the f*** does he keep getting jobs?

Thought the same myself.