By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Velvet Revolver

Kahnee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combine a gun/weapon with something soft and gentle. Novel way of naming a band

i look forward to the corduroy kalashnikovs

Original name was Black Velvet Revolver. Not that that's any better, mind

To be honest they could have called themselves the Pink Furry Gnomes, I'd have still bought both albums 'cos they're f***in' good

Not true kahnee mate... second album is dire. Just rubbish... First album mind, is quality.

Weiland is the talent in the band anyway and STP are back together which strangely enough preceeded "sacking" from the band. Far better band are STP anyway and i'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Oh and btw any Brad fans in, Shawn Smith is playing the NCEM in york on the 7th of march and Halfmoon Putney for all you londonites on the 8th.

Not true kahnee mate... second album is dire. Just rubbish... First album mind, is quality.

Get yer ears cleaned out - the second album (dire cover version aside) is the better of the two

Weiland is the talent in the band anyway and STP are back together which strangely enough preceeded "sacking" from the band.

Talent? He played all the guitar parts, did he? Love the guys voice, but he's another ego-ridden front man who is struggling with addiction. And if you read today's interview, the band knew about the STP summer tour and were going to deal with their issues with him after that, but things got brought to a head when he told the crowd in Glasgow that it was the final VR tour. His lateness to the stage was also a massive factor.

Far better band are STP anyway

b******s. VR are the better band IMO. Going to be interesting to see where they go next

and i'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Didn't think they were coming over here

VR better than STP??

I'm not havin that..

VR aren't brutal. Great singer, classic other band parts. 3 good songs (Fall to Pieces, Slither and Set Me Free) on Contraband and Libertad (pants album) has just the one - She Builds Quick Machines.

The guitar playing is good but it's all too mechanical.. No natural flow..

See Audioslave and Army of Anyone for similar ilk and sounds that just don't mesh.

The world is right with Weiland back in his proper group and Richard Patrick back in Filter.

Get yer ears cleaned out - the second album (dire cover version aside) is the better of the two

So wrong mate.... the idea of the band completely lost its way.

Talent? He played all the guitar parts, did he? Love the guys voice, but he's another ego-ridden front man who is struggling with addiction. And if you read today's interview, the band knew about the STP summer tour and were going to deal with their issues with him after that, but things got brought to a head when he told the crowd in Glasgow that it was the final VR tour. His lateness to the stage was also a massive factor.

Weilands been clean for a long time man and I know your never off drugs so to speak but it must be nearly 10 years now since he did stir and got clean. Hardly struggling...... and with slash being the control feeak that he is with his music you can tell with a volitle character like scott it was never gonna last. All the s**** about him going on stage is hardly an excuse now is it? How long was slash in G&R with the biggest pimadonna of them all? He did write the lyrics for the albums dude and do you know a better rock singer out there... sadly staley is dead but the only ones alive that can hold a candle to him are either Mike Patton or cornell but cornell is not really fair due to him losing the plot music wise.

b******s. VR are the better band IMO. Going to be interesting to see where they go next

STP were and hopefully still are one of the best rock bands of they're time. Bold statement i know but they are a fantasic act who perfected they're sound. You just cant say that about VR

Didn't think they were coming over here

One of the lads in work assured me they are.... they f***in better!!!!

Lenny Kravitz athough a brilliant frontman is a diva and as we've seen Slash dont do divas.

He's worked with Kravitz before, but not in a band setting

As you say, Divas n Slash don't mix

And Bach tried out for VR first time round. "Skid Guns" was how Slash described it in his book