By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Mobile Phones

Elisha_Scott

I am about to buy a new mobile, I have a contract one off work, but have pay as you go for personal use. I want a decent/smart one with a decent camera and not too big and clumsy.

I am by no means a phone buff, so a bit of advice would be appreciated.

My budget will be about £130-£180

Ta

Got the Sony Ericsson W890i at the end of last month - lovely little phone. Not sure on the price mind (mine is on contract), but I'd definitely recommend it. Slimline, the camera is 3.2 megapixel (also a video camera too), but the best bit is the walkman function. Picture:

se_w890i-angle02.jpg

Guest Raisbeck
I am about to buy a new mobile, I have a contract one off work, but have pay as you go for personal use. I want a decent/smart one with a decent camera and not too big and clumsy.

I am by no means a phone buff, so a bit of advice would be appreciated.

My budget will be about £130-£180

Ta

If you are willing to spend 130-180 quid on a pay as you go phone then I would get a contract phone for 15 quid a month - cheaper than pay as you go in the long run.

All these handsets are free and you get unlimited texts.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/Great_Deals_Pay_Monthly

Guest Raisbeck

The Sony Ericsson K880 on that deal is a great phone, 3.2 megapixel camera plus they are throwing in an FM transmitter as well.

You could get an LG Viewty from ebay for £150-60, unlock it for a £10 and hey presto a brilliant £300 phone for £170

5 Megapixel Camera

3 Inch Touch Sensitive Screen

High Speed Video Recording (120 FPS)

Only problem is it might be a bit bulky.

lg-viewty-test.jpg

Samsung U600 is a good phone too, only £100 with O2 i think, should get at least £10 off with a trade-in.

samsung-u600-01.gif

If you're looking for something cool - try the O2 Cocoon - only £60 - although the camera is 2 mp and i have no idea how good the phone is - but it looks good.

o2-cocoon.jpg

Got the Sony Ericsson W890i at the end of last month - lovely little phone. Not sure on the price mind (mine is on contract), but I'd definitely recommend it. Slimline, the camera is 3.2 megapixel (also a video camera too), but the best bit is the walkman function. Picture:

se_w890i-angle02.jpg

That is a belter that one. I will look into that. Cheers

I got a new one at the weekend - Nokia 2630.

nokia_2630.jpg

2 mega pixel camera

video camera

FM radio

Bluetooth

all for £39.99!

Obviously, as I am over 40 years old, a Manc and quite possibly mobile phone incompetent, I expect my recommendation to be ridiculed at the first opportunity.

:unsure:

Edited by marvinbarcelona

Guest Raisbeck
I have just totally followed the combined advice on here and ordered a contract w890i.

200 mins 400 texts per month, £25 plus the phone is free.

Sound for me.

Cheers chaps, I will repay you with a whopping morsel of gossip!

We want it personally emailed though, not for the general riff-raff on here :D

I have just totally followed the combined advice on here and ordered a contract w890i.

200 mins 400 texts per month, £25 plus the phone is free.

Sound for me.

Cheers chaps, I will repay you with a whopping morsel of gossip!

Check the 02 online quotes , For £30 a month i get 600 mins 1000 texts and free calls to 02 numbers

You saying your beloved has fat fingers? :wacko:

Er no :wacko: . Just pointing out that having had a play around with the phone a bloke might find it a bit tricky using the keypad for txts and suchlike, as I did. It is definitely designed for the smaller handed person.

I have an XDA orbit - phone/pda thing

and if i was going for a new phone - I'd be thinking of one with a keyboard that you can use with your fingers and not just the stylus - makes it v difficult to text after a few beers/walking etc

otherwise the phone is grand

o2-xda-orbit_00.jpg