By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Army beats up Iraqi Youths

John am Rhein

The Iraq situation become even more depressingly similar to events here from 1969 onward.

Hearts & Minds? :rolleyes:

saw that footage.

2 years old it is, neanderthal infantry goons beating up 3 lads after quelling a riot...

NOTW are a bunch of c***s trying to sell newspapers on the back of it of course.

i hope they sleep soundly when the inevitable reprisals start and more soldiers die.

saw that footage.

2 years old it is, neanderthal infantry goons beating up 3 lads after quelling a riot...

NOTW are a bunch of c***s trying to sell newspapers on the back of it of course.

i hope they sleep soundly when the inevitable reprisals start and more soldiers die.

Too right. Still - if the army train squaddies to behave violently they can hardly be surprised when they do. It is as you say though, no doubt the good soldiers who'll end up paying.

Too right. Still - if the army train squaddies to behave violently they can hardly be surprised when they do. It is as you say though, no doubt the good soldiers who'll end up paying.

Like to see how far they'd get with a non-violent army.

Psychos win wars - and the army have known that for 200 years or more.

Guest sniffer

The guy i know said pretty much the same thing, but he drew a huge distinction between the general attitude and behaviour of the British and American troops. He reckoned that they were completely out of control and operating with impunity.

The Brit Army have drawn from their experience in Northern Ireland. As soon as hostilities ceased, out came the berets in order to calm the local populace. Don't think the Americans are into hearts and minds to the same degree.