By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things That You Really Like The Idea Of Doing But Just Can't Be Arsed

pipnasty

1. Fishing - always wanted to do it. Can't be arsed though

2. Love the idea of getting up really early each morning, maybe some meditation, then go for a bike ride, get the paper on the way home - cannot be arsed so its never gonna happen

3. Can't be arsed writing a third

What say you? What can't you be arsed doing?

Edited by pipnasty

- Keeping fit. I know all the benefits but really, if I'm honest, I just don't like exercise very much.

- Video games - I would love to but, really, I ain't got enough time to fit everything else in to start with.

- LSD - but I'm probably past that now.

- Washing my car.  Just because. 

6 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

- Keeping fit. I know all the benefits but really, if I'm honest, I just don't like exercise very much.

- Video games - I would love to but, really, I ain't got enough time to fit everything else in to start with.

- LSD - but I'm probably past that now.

- Washing my car.  Just because. 

Paul McCartney is still microdosing, it's never too late.

1 tidy my house, promised myself i would move all my books etc.out of the bedroom whilst off last week. Result, found one i liked and read it

2 Being quiet when someone is talking bulls***, i know it would be best for me.to shut up, but it sneaks out... next words i hear are ".funny wee man arent you" then it escalates as i love a bit if banter. Once had a senior manager say " how are you wee man" to which i replied " not bad fatman, yourself". Well it took a while to calm the situation down but he took the hint

3 my job

30 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

2. Love the idea of getting up really early each morning

I always like the idea of just doing this and think that would lead to doing lots of other stuff I can't be arsed to do.

But I can never be arsed to get up early mainly because I can't be arsed to go to bed early at night. 

I really enjoy going for long walks on my own listening to music, even in an urban setting, and reckon doing this in the early morning as everyone else is getting up/things just opening would be cool.

But yeah I can't be arsed. I'd actually probably find it easier to stay up all night and then go for a walk in the early morning than get up really early ;)

• Like 2

Having given up booze, fine on a diet and taken up regular exercise from January, I feel like I could tackle anything.

im about to start making candles to sell at my market stall, but would like to learn a proper craft.

sewing maybe, I’d like to be able to make my own clothes.

Thought of one - my swimming stroke is inefficient. I don’t know how to do the whole ‘put yourself underwater and come up for air’ . 

I’d like a pro swimming technique.

6 hours ago, Tommok said:

I always like the idea of just doing this and think that would lead to doing lots of other stuff I can't be arsed to do.

But I can never be arsed to get up early mainly because I can't be arsed to go to bed early at night. 

Friends and work colleagues who go to bed at 9 o'clock give me funny looks when I tell them I'm rarely in bed before 11.30.

Best time of the day.

Edited by D.Boon

13 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Friends and work colleagues who go to bed at 9 o'clock give me funny looks when I tell them I'm rarely in bed before 11.30.

Best time of the day.

I go to bed between midnight and 1 every single night - so technically, I am awake really early in the morning 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I go to bed between midnight and 1 every single night - so technically, I am awake really early in the morning 

This was me before working from home all the time but I go later now as I can get up later. ;)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Best time of the day.

Nine!  Bloody hell.  I'm just finishing my tea around then.  I'm rarely in bed before 1.30am and I usually have to make myself go then as it's getting a bit late.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Intrigued by the late hours kept by my fellow forumites. Are we all tired and grumpy due to lack of sleep?

Yes. Yes we are. 

11 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Nine!  Bloody hell.  I'm just finishing my tea around then.  I'm rarely in bed before 1.30am and I usually have to make myself go then as it's getting a bit late.

Yeah me too. 

I'm just about to have my evening meal now ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Intrigued by the late hours kept by my fellow forumites. Are we all tired and grumpy due to lack of sleep?

Five to six hours sleep and I'm fine.  I'm just a grumpy b*****d by nature no matter how much sleep I've had.