sammy & a

Transfer Window Speculation

Apologies guys am still not sure how VVD hasn't signed.

Don't think anyone doubts you passed it all on in good faith and plenty happy to corroborate that you've got a genuine 'in' so no worries. Suppose it just shows that only a tiny handful really know what is going on, though this case seems particularly bizarre and it does appear stuff changed. I'd far rather get info from you than have people quoting utter blerts off twitter.

I think the transfer structure needs to be explained. We were told that Klopp was happy working with a DoF yet every signing we make seems to be very much his man.

Window was alright.

Could have been a great one.

Been saying that for what seems decades. Probably because it has been.

We can't know this for certain, unless it's your fault.

I'm not accepting it's entirely my fault.

If that's what your saying?

Apologies guys am still not sure how VVD hasn't signed.

Southampton say they have not received a bid from any club, that 2 other clubs tapped him up yet only us were reported to the FA. The bad relations from Lallana and Lovren deals clearly lingering.

Southampton say they have not received a bid from any club, that 2 other clubs tapped him up yet only us were reported to the FA. The bad relations from Lallana and Lovren deals clearly lingering.

It is a pretty hideous irony if our conduct in pursuing Lovren has contributed to us not now being able to replace him.

I wonder if we even made a bid. It doesn't sound as if we did.

More like

"if we bid £60 would that work?"

"No don't bother and if you don't f*** off we'll get you in further trouble with the PL"

so we did the only sensible thing: we sent in proven results- getter and all round boardroom star Ian Ayre to sort it out

They really need to get over it.

Like us and our concerns about the actions of them there Barcelona lads?

Pretty sure the club haven't whinged and cried and said we'd report them. Just told them to f*** off, we aren't selling. Southamton could have sold Vand Dijk to us weeks ago and had loads of time to sort replacements. They've got f*** all to whinge about.

Window is 6/10. Comes up from 5, because of keita means we missed only 1 of key targets. Just annoying it's the main target.

I think we have enough in the tank.

I also didn't expect us to get lemar or spend 100m plus despite all the briefings. I did get sucked in and believed the stories for a while but reality hit really quickly. A price was set for Lemar and we chose to not take it - that is us in a nutshell. When we win the title, certainly won't be the easy way!

Like us and our concerns about the actions of them there Barcelona lads?

There have been no reports that the reason we're not selling Coutinho has anything to do with Suarez and Mascherano (who both also went on 'strike'). We've given Southampton loads of money for fairly bog-standard players, they've got nothing to get sniffy about.

I wonder if we even made a bid. It doesn't sound as if we did.

Of course we didn't! The club said we wouldn't and yet people still thought "hmm, we might".

We've been on footy forums for 20 years now and yet still some fall for the ITK nonsense from people literally laughing at them as they type their fantasy nonsense. Seriously, some of the ITK would be great writers of Sherlock or Twilight fanfic.

It is a pretty hideous irony if our conduct in pursuing Lovren has contributed to us not now being able to replace him.

I thought this as well. It doesn't help the mood.

I think it's a 6 if you include keita but in real terms you can't so it's a 5.

About right.

We're not pressing as manically now and that should help with fitness / injuries. Gomez at left back when Trent is playing should also give greater defensive solidity.

But that was yet another window where we had a chance to both solve issues and take a giant stride towards being league champions but failed.

Don't see how they did that badly after the dust settled.

Defence a prob but Klopp seems fine and I have a lot of optimism about Joe Gomez being great.

Midfield AOC can be a box to box like Wijnaldum. He could enable Can to play the pivot when Henderson is not available. He's also quick and can play in the front 3.

Not bad, especially that we know Keita is coming.