By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool Travel Guide

lfc4eva99

Hey,

I'll be reaching Liverpool during the coming week and will be at Anfield for the City match.. It's my first visit so wanted to know about some good restaurants, bars, pubs in the city and popular places to visit whilst im there (will stay at a week)..

What sort of bus / train passes are available for local travel?

Can one go to melwood and see training?

How do you get to Haiq to see the U18s play Everton on the 12th..

Where do match going reds from here meet before matches?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Nikhil

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might help

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/series/liverpool-city-guide

For a daily travel pass, you are best getting a Saveaway (can be used for a set day on buses, trains and ferries after 9:30am).

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Tickets/compare-tickets/Pages/Saveaway.aspx

I don't think you can get into Melwood, but you can stand on the wheelie bins with the kids and peek over the wall.

U18s are playing West Brom on 12th, the U21s play Everton at Haig Avenue.

Northern Line Train from Liverpool Central or Moorfields to Southport. The ground is about a mile from station.

This might help

For a daily travel pass, you are best getting a Saveaway (can be used for a set day on buses, trains and ferries after 9:30am).

I don't think you can get into Melwood, but you can stand on the wheelie bins with the kids and peek over the wall.

Northern Line Train from Liverpool Central or Moorfields to Southport. The ground is about a mile from station.

Thanks a ton mate.. Do match going reds from here go to any specific pub before matches? Would definitely love meeting a few from on here if thats cool with everyone...

Thanks a ton mate.. Do match going reds from here go to any specific pub before matches? Would definitely love meeting a few from on here if thats cool with everyone...

Various.

A few go the the Flatiron.

I think some go to the King Harry.

The Albert and The Park are always chocker but I don't think you get that many from here in either of them - large contingent of day tripers in them I've always found.

I'd suggest having your beers in town and getting a taxi up. Ship & Mitre, somewhere like that. Dispensary - but be nice to Dave and make sure you drink quickly enough.

who do you want to meet?

make a list and I'll rate them for you

also, are you travelling on your own?

who do you want to meet?

make a list and I'll rate them for you

also, are you travelling on your own?

Well, have no specific people to meet as such, been a lurker here for a long time tbh..

Yes, travelling by myself... any tips on places in the city I should avoid?

Well, have no specific people to meet as such, been a lurker here for a long time tbh..

Yes, travelling by myself... any tips on places in the city I should avoid?

Everything. It's a city of scally's and ruffians ;)

FYI everyone I've personally met from the forum are top guys.

This might help

just round the corner from my house if you want to go I can pick you you up from the station and join you for the match

Edited by badtodabone

Hey,

I'll be reaching Liverpool during the coming week and will be at Anfield for the City match.. It's my first visit so wanted to know about some good restaurants, bars, pubs in the city and popular places to visit whilst im there (will stay at a week)..

What sort of bus / train passes are available for local travel?

Can one go to melwood and see training?

How do you get to Haiq to see the U18s play Everton on the 12th..

Where do match going reds from here meet before matches?

Any help would be appreciated smile.gif

Cheers,

Nikhil

if you visit an indian restaurant in the uk then make sure you can see the cook prepare the meal

That Guardian guide is actually pretty good

Liverpool City Centre is fairly compact and easy to walk round so I would encourage you to choose your own adventure

But Bold Street is now the best place to eat in terms of value and variety, and also runs alongside the streets with the best bars, like Seel Street

:unsure:/>

I THINK, that is classic Allerton.

Liverpool City Centre is fairly compact and easy to walk round so I would encourage you to choose your own adventure

But Bold Street is now the best place to eat in terms of value and variety, and also runs alongside the streets with the best bars, like Seel Street

also, go see gibo, just walk around him. And then hug him.

we got half price roast dinners at the Hole in the Wall before the game on Sunday just cos we shouted in to ask if they were still serving, set us up a treat