By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Mindmaps

Tobes Rafa

I just got an email from Kaplan about an app called MindMeister on which you can create your own Mindmaps. Obviously designing the map yourself aids the learning process as well as referring back to them but I wouldn't be interested in paying a monthly fee. I'm studying for my Chartered Institute exams at nightclass and any way of helping the info stick would be beneficial but maybe it is a case of using technology when it's not actually needed.

I use them quite a lot and find them useful but always want a bigger screen...

Use Simplemind on my Nexus 7. I used to use Mindjet because they promised multi platform seamlessness but it wasn't great and then they got all chargey.

I'd probably be happy to pay for a good mind map platform I could use across devices.

I just got an email from Kaplan about an app called MindMeister on which you can create your own Mindmaps. Obviously designing the map yourself aids the learning process as well as referring back to them but I wouldn't be interested in paying a monthly fee. I'm studying for my Chartered Institute exams at nightclass and any way of helping the info stick would be beneficial but maybe it is a case of using technology when it's not actually needed.

I find it a great way to brainstorm but it's one of those things we all have different ways around probably. Not sure if I would find it useful for study really.

Always viewed mind mapping as a form of stream of consciousness in a visual form, so not sure why you'd want a structured format for creating a mind map.

You're going to need some kind of structure when doing mind maps on a device though, no?

And it needs to be saved, shared, exported etc.

I've got a special room in my office which projects the contents of my mind as holographic images into a surrounding sphere of light energy. I move and shape them with my hands until plans, ideas emerge.

*sits in underpants staring at LFCTV clicking refresh on here.