By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Old Match Programmes-Advice Needed

Nerik

Someone just offered me a Liverpool vs Leeds 1965 FA Cup Final Match Programme. It is in very good condition. I asked him for the price, but he told me to name the price (he is a friend). I have no idea how much such programmes go for. Any help?

Someone just offered me a Liverpool vs Leeds 1965 FA Cup Final Match Programme. It is in very good condition. I asked him for the price, but he told me to name the price (he is a friend). I have no idea how much such programmes go for. Any help?

I've got a copy of that, signed by Ian St John with the match ticket stapled (I know...) to the cover.

Any idea what that's worth?

Edit reason: Signed by Peter Thompson, not Ian St John.

Edited by Rich Gobey

they're not even that much. you can pick them up on ebay for under a tenner. programmes from FA cup finals from about 1960 onwards dont go for that much generally.

what about 1966 WC final? I have that and about 2000 programmes. I am going to catalogue them all, for no reason, except I want to.

I have every home game for about 7 years from the 80s in mint condition.

My oldest programme goes back to second world war, I will try and dig it out and ask Murph if he went to the game.

Edited by downunder

what about 1966 WC final? I have that and about 2000 programmes. I am going to catalogue them all, for no reason, except I want to.

I have every home game for about 7 years from the 80s in mint condition.

My oldest programme goes back to second world war, I will try and dig it out and ask Murph if he went to the game.

the 1966 WC cup final programmes go for anything from £50 to about £150 depending on condition and if you get lucky. you have to remember, that there were 100000 there and they probably all bought a programme, and most would have kept it, so they arent really rare. the 2nd world war programme might be worth a few quid. it doesnt have to fashionable teams either. I had a New Brighton Tower vs Torquay united programme from the 1965 FA cup, that turned up in a job lot of old programmes in an auction, that i sold for £85 on ebay

the 1966 WC cup final programmes go for anything from £50 to about £150 depending on condition and if you get lucky. you have to remember, that there were 100000 there and they probably all bought a programme, and most would have kept it, so they arent really rare. the 2nd world war programme might be worth a few quid. it doesnt have to fashionable teams either. I had a New Brighton Tower vs Torquay united programme from the 1965 FA cup, that turned up in a job lot of old programmes in an auction, that i sold for £85 on ebay

Thanks Wayne. As with all things the value is only of interest if selling, which I am not just now, I just like having it.

My pride and joy (programme wise) I have framed, is a Arsenal v LFC programme, signed by the whole LFC team including Bob, It's from 1980. My wife framed it with a few other bits for my birthday one here.

There are different types of 66 final programmes, as there are for some of our European Cup finals.

Think the 96 final is more valuable than others of that era.

There's also 1935 where it pissed it down on the day. Most extent copies are folded with damp stains. Good copies go for a premium.

Loads of different finals that are more valuable for one reason or another.

One sheets from the 50's and 60's can be more valuable than some pre WWII finals programmes.