By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The 12th Doctor

Nebraska Red

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never watched an episode of Doctor Who.

Not even any of the old series? You'd have been old enough during the Colin Baker/Sylvester McCoy days.

I haven't watched a single episode of the modern series, because I'm not 12.

The live announcement show was arguably the worst TV programme ever made.

Not even close. Not saying it was great telly, but there's a s***load that's worse. Citizen Khan, The Wright Way, that flag-waving garbage that was on on Saturday, most of the Lottery shows - there's quite a list

Not even any of the old series? You'd have been old enough during the Colin Baker/Sylvester McCoy days.

I haven't watched a single episode of the modern series, because I'm not 12.

Peter Davison is the one I remember seeing most of.

I remember thinking the the Sylvester McCoy ones were f*cking s***, even at that tender age.

Did they do a special program to announce Matt Smith when he took over from Tennant?

Nope, this was a first. It was for the fans, and not in any way to help flog it to America and Australia (where the show was also shown live)

Peter Davison is the one I remember seeing most of.

I remember thinking the the Sylvester McCoy ones were f*cking s***, even at that tender age.

Sylvester McCoy was a nonsense. There's been some cracking stuff in the Tennant and Smith series though. And I don't care that it's a kids' show, it's pure escapism and nostalgia for me.

Tennant edges it for me - partly helped by the better budget and effects

I think I'm a few years older. There's definitely some nostalgia causing me to consider shoddy sets as charming somehow but I just remember Baker being a bigger character,

Nope, this was a first. It was for the fans, and not in any way to help flog it to America and Australia (where the show was also shown live)

I did wonder what the international audience would think of the superstar celeb fans (Liza Tarbuck and the curly-haired kid from Outnumbered).

I'd have preferred to have found out the old way - upon regeneration - but I can understand why the BBC did it this way. It could have been great but was truly hideous; from Zoe Ball, to the guests through to not having Smith, Moffatt or Gatiss in the studio... everything screamed "cheap".